Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Best Small Zoo

Ellen Trout Zoo. Great morning or afternoon outing for adults and kids! Easy level walking paths... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
tllktx
Lufkin, Texas
Small, but nice

This zoo was about what you'd expect for a town the size of Lufkin. It was well laid out and the... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
Traveling_Girrrrrl
Houston, Texas

All reviews train ride peacocks roam small train gift shop animal lovers wide variety of animals big cats great small town family outing day trip giraffes picnic exhibits dragon population membership grandkids
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Our family loves this Zoo. It may be smaller than most, but the animals look healthy and happy! We enjoy the small train across the street and park for picnics too! Wish the gift shop was bigger and offered a better selection, but the staff is friendly and courteous! Prices are so good that we can afford to take a birthday party through the Zoo. Very good for all ages!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We love this zoo! I especially like seeing different animals that I can't see at my local zoo such as the hippos & kamodo dragons. Bring cash & ride the train. I would highly recommend this zoo if you're in the area.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Have taken the kids here now I can take the Grand kids. They have a pretty good selection of animals . They have a small train ride that the Kids LOVE..takes you around the zoo..

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Texasdishman
Reviewed 13 November 2017

My first visit to the zoo was when I was a college student in Nacogdoches in the 1980's. I've visited a few times since then when I have the chance while I'm in the area. A must see for families!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We went for the day with a 3 and 5 year old. Zoo was small enough for them to enjoy and see animals close up without being overwhelmed. But also had a wonderful variety of animals for them to see. It was also nice to have a family outing we all enjoyed without breaking the bank. Entry fees are more than reasonable. We also enjoyed the train ride around the park (additional charge).

Date of experience: October 2017