Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$86
US$87
US$78
CandlewoodSuites
SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$146
US$138
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$243
  • Pool
Reviews (1 049)
1 049 results
All reviewsgalleria mallthe concierge loungedirectly across the streetself parkingcorner roomroom servicehotel is in a great locationplatinum memberlobby barshopping and restaurantsfitness centerluxury hotelbusiness hotelbusiness tripgreat customer servicestarbucksdelia
7 - 12 of 1 049 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is comfortable, and newly remodeled. Very comfy. However go eat at Ruth Chris, as food choices limited at night! Breakfast was great, but the bar area and restaurant when we got in were limited. The Galleria is across the street!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reneenicks
JWMarriotthouston, SPECIALIST PROPERTY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at JW Marriott Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear reneenicks,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the JW Marriott Houston.

As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on a recent holiday in Houston. The hotel is in a great location but was completely overrun with groups of loud schoolchildren here on a Christian youth conference. They took over the lobby while waiting for their buses, blocked the entry doors and sprawled in all the lobby chairs having loud conversations.
They were not supervised and had no consideration for other guests.
The hotel has a great little lobby coffee shop but it was only open for a few hours each morning.
The cleaning staff were extremely noisy each morning vacuuming in the hallway at 7.30am. As we were on holiday we would have liked a more peaceful start to our day.
The reception staff were very helpful with great local knowledge.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
JWMarriotthouston, Manager at JW Marriott Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

JillN775,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with me, I appreciate.

Allow to express my sincere apologies for the less than perfect stay you had at the hotel.

I will be sharing your feedback with my team so we can make the appropriate adjustment to the hotel operations. I hope that we have the opportunity to win back your trust and confidence in the future.

regards

Nicholas McDermott
JW Marriott Houston

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On June 19th I arrived at this hotel at 2:30am after a delayed flight and even though I had a confirmed, non-cancelable reservation I was told they were oversold and had no room for me. I have had experiences with oversold hotels in the past, but they have always made positive contact with me to determine if I was showing up or not. I believe this hotel simply got greedy and decided to book my room, collecting a second fee, and gambling that I would not show up and they could bill me also. My opinion is that this hotel really does not care about its guests, just maximizing revenue.

They did put me up in another hotel at their cost, but since I was not paying for the room anyway, this did not add any value for me.

They told me the other hotel was directly across the street and I could walk there, this was only partially true. Directly across the street is the Galleria, a huge mall, and the other hotel was around the back of this, about a 10 minute walk. This would not be such a big deal, but at 2:30am in a strange city, while it is raining, it is a big deal.

This was a business trip and a number of us were traveling from different points, meeting up at this hotel. We were to meet up prior to a customer facing meeting in the morning, but being at different hotels made this difficult and complicated our travel plans in general.

If you are traveling for business avoid this hotel, you might get unexpectantly bumped and have your travel plans thrown into turmoil, or you might not get that good night’s rest you need so you can be sharp and alert at your critical meetings.

If you are traveling with your family avoid this hotel or be prepared to have to find your way to another hotel with the family in tow. This may be the case if you are unexpectedly bumped and this hotel does not have enough regard for you to bother even attempting to contact you.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Eric_C_Traveler

I was extremely disappointed to read about your most recent experience at the hotel. The hotel prides itself on its customer service, and it is evident by your comments/experience that we definitely fell short of our expectations. I would truly welcome the opportunity to speak with you to better understand this unfortunate situation.

Please contact me at nicholas.mcdermott@marriott.com
Director Of Operations
JW Marriott Houston

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was at this hotel for a convention. On arrival, I was treated to a small sweets tray in my room which I appreciated. I found the room and bathroom very clean. The room was spacious. The decor of the room was very nice and provided a comfortable and calming environment. The bathroom was spacious and the toiletry very good. My room was on a high floor and I appreciated the view.
There was a fridge in the room which came in very handy. There was no microwave in the room, but there was one in a space on the third floor. But the space was very dinghy.
The location was great, just across the road from the galleria.There was a pharmacy close by and other shopping and restaurants around.
The staff were the best part of this hotel. They were welcoming, attentive and happy to help. Anything I asked for help with, was carefully and joyfully given
We had a supper get together twice during the weekend I was there. The convention rooms were very clean and the servers were very good.The room for our meeting was very clean. But I must say, that temperature in the rooms was extremely cold and seemed difficult to control by the staff.
There was always cold water with lemon and melon in the lobby. There was also delicious chocolate chip cookies available in the lobby with daily newspapers which one could pick up.
Overall, it was a very nice stay and I enjoyed it.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
JWMarriotthouston, SPECIALIST PROPERTY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at JW Marriott Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ojemmal,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mostly this hotel is very nice. I've only a few issues. The staff is very helpful and eager to serve. Valet, bell service, front desk, room service & housekeeping all are outstanding. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean.

Now maybe I'm naive about this class of hotel, but my room was tiny. I've paid less money for a larger, nicer room with many more amenities. I was also a bit surprised at the price of valet parking. The front of this place has limited access so just to check in, you have to pull into the valet area. I'm not even sure if you can self park here.

Overall, we had a nice stay, but I will probably find another hotel next time. A little too pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
JWMarriotthouston, SPECIALIST PROPERTY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at JW Marriott Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear arod124,