“Entertaining”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #700 of 8 904 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Westchase
Cross street: S Gesseenger
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine. .
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

On a family vacation in the Houston are, I treated my wife and son to a dinner dinner at Benihana's. The combination of well made hibachi and a show is always a winner for my wife. The 8 year old enjoyed the fire works. Management at this location is outstanding.

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Adam, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had a party of 14 and the wait staff was excellent. Tony, our Chief, was fantastic, great personality and made it very entertaining with jokes about the food which my four grand kids really was laughing throughout his performance in cooking our dinner at our table.We celebrated my granddaughters 11th birthday last year and she wanted to celebrate her 12th again this year. Food was excellent and worth every dime spent, pleasantly welcomed by all staff and will go again real soon.
Creig in Houston

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Creig, On behalf of the Benihana team we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My son took his girlfriend here last night for her birthday. When he made the reservation, he informed them of the occasion. As soon as they left for the restaurant, I also called to make sure the restaurant knew it was a special occasion. The woman who took my call assured me that whoever served them would be made aware. When they got back home, I asked if they'd sung Happy Birthday. He said no, but "she got the experience because it was also someone else's birthday." Not exactly what he wanted. Also, the chef had somehow miscalculated on the amount of rice he needed and didn't have any rice for her and asked if it was ok if he omitted her rice. Are you kidding me?? Of course, to be nice, she said it was fine. But come on, it was her birthday. A huge disappointment for both of them - and for me as well since I expected more from this establishment.

1  Thank loeserlegal

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand your disappointment as this shouldn’t have happened. Your feedback helps us to make improvements and we’re hopeful that you will provide us with an opportunity to serve you again. Arigato. If you would like to get in touch with our Guest Relations team, please do so via: benihanalistens.smg.com/

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Busy spot, especially for birthdays. They have a special birthday singer who goes around all the tables. In the two hours we spent there the guy must have sung Happy Birthday 30 times. He is hilarious however.
The cooking is a show and quite fun to watch how they cook all the food. I had the Teriyaki beef which was not very good but the seafood that was served at the table was much better. Good fun place

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Doug, We are happy you enjoyed the Benihana experience! Come back soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing!! If this review was just for food it would have 5 stars. The cooked table side and we couldn’t have been more impressed. The hibachi is a show itself.
I gave them 4 stars because the restaurant needs help inside, it reminds me of an old movie theater. Musky and filled with old carpeting.

Change the inside, clean it up and this would be 5 stars.

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Juliet, Thank you for leaving us an in depth review of your experience on today’s visit. Your comments and suggestions will be shared with our Guest Relations Team to improve the guest experience.