“Lunch in bar”

The Fox and Hound Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 357 of 9 028 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We visited Fox and Hounds, Houston, Renfrewshire for lunch yesterday. The starters of garlic bread were ok but the chips with both lunches were awful. The four very soggy onion rings that accompanied my burger really put me off.
The fact that I was forced to listen to a very loud man having a very loud mobile phone conversation at the next table was enough. The celebration lunch was over. I paid and left. This was the second chance I was willing to give this place. Sorry I did.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

What a place this is, so spacious and airy inside and plenty of tables outside for smokers...plus pool tables and punch bag to work off the days frustrations!!

The service is excellent very friendly and efficient, we were a party of 3 having a few beers after work and a mixed plate of nibbles, very reasonably priced and cooked to perfection.
I'll be back

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Ask for Quang! He knows all the beers and waitresses! This is a great place to relax and have a couple of drinks send me with friends after work.

1  Thank Rodney M
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The southwest appetizer was very flavorful and piping hot. Nice crust on the exterior.

Sadly the French Dip was out but the bacon and grilled cheese with tomato soup was great. Nice cheese blend in nice sourdough bread. Fresh crispy bacon.

Tomato soup was one of the best I have had. Nice and rich.

Service was attentive. Only negative was the staff was not real busy and were all huddled near the bar and I found it distracting and had to get server attention twice from the group. This should not be in the public area.

Very nice pricing.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

A good choice to try local beers, they also offer flights with 4 taster of very respectable size. The food is very decent and the service quick. Possibly too many screens, giving you that "Amused to death" feeling...