Reviews (2 972)
2 972 results
1 777
1 777
All reviews cookies and milk rooftop pool cookie buffet minute maid park valet parking downtown area within walking distance beautiful hotel valet service free breakfast convention center astros game the room was nice yogurt toyota center enjoyed my stay free shuttle
103 - 108 of 2 972 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Good reception, walking distance to place of business, nice room layout, and very nice courtyard to sit in across the street at the church. But, room cleanliness was an issue. Didn't look deeper, so won't comment further but I've become accustomed to wiping down the TV remote. This has resulted in super clean indication, some stain/dirt and reinforcement of why I do this, and then there was the Magnolia remote. See pic. Can't imagine the last time it was wiped down by housekeeping - come on, people. Simple stuff makes a difference

Room tip: Wipe down the remotes because they weren't doing that when I stayed
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Edward T, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear CRod_USMC-

Thank you for your review. Very sorry that your remote was less than satisfactory. We do pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service and it seems we fell short.

We do hope that we will be able to regain your trust in us and that you will try us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment we walked in we were treated well. A separate mini fridge was delivered to our room within an hour of arrival because the ones provided in the rooms are fully stocked. The rooftop hot tub and pool are small but very cozy. The staff is highly accommodating. And the room was very clean, the bathroom was generously sized with a large garden tub. We look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Breann-

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.

We certainly hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The stay was fine, however it is SO difficult to get a correct invoice for my stay. I spoke with the front desk at check out and they assured me everything would get corrected and they would email me a corrected invoice asap. This was 5 weeks ago and I am still trying to get it taken care of. Every time I call I get put on hold for some time and then they tell me it is all taken care of......... still not taken care of. The manager Courtney will not return calls.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Edward T, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Good morning Abby_from _Colorado-

Thank you telling us about the issues you have experienced regarding your billing. Please feel free to reach out to me at etimmons@magnoliahotels.com and I will be happy to assist in getting this reconciled as quickly as possible.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this for so long and want to ensure it is handled expeditiously.

Thanks-

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had a spontaneous trip last week with me and my son on a short spring break. The location is perfect for anyone intends to explore the downtown area of Houston as many of the attractions are within easy walking distance with clear signs. We actually walked to the Toyota Center and enjoyed a Rockets game. The hotel is a mix between art deco and modern style - clean and sophisticated. The room looks pretty and cozy. The bed is very comfortable. There are happy hours, free cookies on the second floor. We did not get a chance to explore the rooftop pool.

We used valet parking for three days which is quite expensive yet apparently the only convenient option. The café next to the lobby is also unusually pricey especially for breakfast. We ended up driving out for breakfast most of the time. Another gentle warning for walkers is that like most other big cities, there are apparently nice and safe streets and there are others. Just use your common sense and I would not recommend wander about late at night.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Edward T, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Odysseydelux-

We are so glad to see that we were the location for some wonderful father/son memories. Our location in downtown certainly makes it easy to enjoy whet the city has to offer and the sports' facilities close proximity are ideal.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope that on your next trip to Houston, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I recently stayed there for a girls weekend and was impressed tremendously with the quality of service I received. The rooms were nice and spacious and the bed was super comfy. Water pressure was also great in the bathroom. I would definitely go back and stay at this hotel again!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Haileym72-

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Magnolia Houston. We appreciate that you have a number of choices in the area and are happy that we were able to provide the service and product that you were looking for.

We do hope that when you are traveling back to our area, you will stay with us again.