“Always a home run.........”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 8 661 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place never disappoints!!! Everything from cocktails to food is outstanding and this time we were lucky enough to get a super cute waiter (eye candy never hurt anyone)! No, back to business! I love this place, the menu is sensational and out of this world creative and I absolutely love that no soy sauce and wasabi is needed for any of their dishes, they are just that good and can stand alone any day of the week!!!! If you haven’t been you are missing out!!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is my 3rd time @ Uchi and I haven't paid the bill in any of my experiences. A 40th Birthday party was my latest visit. We had 24 of us in a private room and a fixed menu was presented. We began with yellowtail with oranges and finished with "Fried Chicken". I counted 9 or ten different small plates and they were all fantastic except for the Bonito. I am an Offshore fisherman and we only use Bonitos for bait for other fish as the meat is blood red. It tasted a bit "fishy" but I should have shunned it rather than try it as I have a built-in prejudice. Every other presentation was unique and wonderful. The wine selections were also very complimentary and there is no doubt that this place has the most unique dishes of this type of restaurant in Houston.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I took three 17 years to Uchi after a concert at the Toyota Center. They were hungry and skeptical. They wanted to eat. Well Uchi delivered! The manager took such good care of us! To this day, the guys talk about how good the food was at Uchi!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Our visit to this restaurant was fantastic. The wait for a table was rather long, but the experience was well worth the wait. We sat in the outside garden area for cocktails while our table was prepared. We enjoyed the ten course meal that included a little bit of everything on the menu....the chef chose the food he sent for each course.... Even tho the place was packed, our food came right out. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and accommodating. This was an enjoyable culinary experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

After a great experience at Uchi in Dallas, we decided to take a chance and walk-in to Uchi in Houston. There was a line going out the door, but we were early enough to get a seat at the bar (beer wine bar, not sushi bar). Our server, Steven, guided us through the menu, making great suggestions and sometimes surprising us with something he thought we would love. It was as memorable evening filled with laughs and spectacular food. But you should probably make a reservation to insure you get seated.