2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
CambriaUS$198
PricelineUS$198
Hotels.comUS$198
Expedia.comUS$198
TravelocityUS$198
Orbitz.comUS$198
All reviews minute maid park bathroom door other guests front desk beautiful hotel room service shampoo elevator housekeeping floor linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

PRO: Arrived late Saturday 3/13, asked for a view and we got one. Danielle was polite and accommodating which is always appreciated.

CON: Elevator was very very slow everyday. (That needs to be corrected) It’s like only one is running out of 4 or 5 of them.

Room 1112 was a nice Queen (SPACIOUS) and cool upon arrival but once we cut the air off there was an odor and I couldn’t figure it out until Monday 3/15 ( smelled like urine....pet friendly hotel). Definitely needs the carpet shampooed.

Restaurant: food 3/5 stars don’t bother unless starving.

Housekeeping upon request because of COVID.

No complimentary breakfast.

Free internet a plus.

Parking free on the weekend but $35 valet otherwise. No garage.

Overall I’d give the Hotel 3 stars based on the young lady at front desk.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dan Fernandez, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

Dear adensmommy2011,

Thanks for your time in reviewing your experience. It’s encouraging to know you enjoyed our accommodating service. Our associates work hard to provide a pleasant stay and your feedback, both positive and areas of improvement, assist us in that effort. We hope to host you again on a return visit and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 8 February 2021

Stayed here on a recent girlfriend trip. We payed extra for a city view and got a room facing the back side of an adjoining building. The place was beautiful and clean but hauntingly dismal and didn't seem to have anti other guests.

Date of stay: November 2020
Concord Hospitality, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

Dear peppermillbnb,

Thank you for choosing us for your trip. We thank you for your compliments regarding our beautiful hotel and cleanliness. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences, so we regret that your stay was just okay. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope to provide you with a flawless visit in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

It started off coming in and checking in. The front desk helper was being nonchalant and alittle rude. I blew it off as okay a bad day, it happens. When I went to my room to check everything I had got the wrong room. (I paid extra to have a city view) I called prior to insure this. Yet, i was going to let it be EXCEPT I walked into the restroom and there were no clean towels, wash clothes, or even hand bar soap. So I went downstairs and let Jeff know that I paid extra for a city view which he said “we don’t have that, we don’t have a city view” I politely opened the website browser from my phone and showed him what I was referring to, which he said was “photoshopped.” I said well this is on your website. That’s when he said I can look for another room for you this is the best i can do. So only than did I get the room that I paid for in the first place. NOW, the mini fridge doesn’t work. I called front desk (Jeff) to let him know and he said yes I can get someone up there to you. It’s been 1 1/2 since. I had whip cream and fruits that needed to be cooled. No Go. Happy Anniversary Surprise Ruined.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 623jacindad
Concord Hospitality, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2020

Dear 623jacindad,

I'm so sorry for your poor experience at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best accommodations and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 9 June 2020 via mobile

It was hard to figure out how to get inside. There was a sign saying scan key to gain access...but no sign for new guest's. I ended up calling hotel asking how to get inside.

Room was super nice and big. But how in the world do you plug in stuff to recharge laptops and stuff. The receptacle would not accept my phone cable. Laptop Cable.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2020

Dear Divebabydive,

Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Reflections like yours, which highlight strengths and opportunities, allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your experience, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2020 via mobile

We were booked to stay here in June- having booked in advance.
We had to cancel due to covid-19 restrictions and therefore to transform Scotland to Texas.
We received a full refund - much appreciated and it will be remembered when we hopefully reschedule.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 154kirsteens
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2020

Dear 154kirsteens,

We appreciate your time in sharing feedback. We are doing our best to accommodate our guests during this unprecedented time. We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Best Wishes,