2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$163
Hotels.comUS$163
Expedia.comUS$163
CambriaUS$163
CheapTicketsUS$163
TravelocityUS$163
All reviews minute maid park bathroom door other guests front desk beautiful hotel room service shampoo elevator housekeeping floor linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2020 via mobile

We were booked to stay here in June- having booked in advance.
We had to cancel due to covid-19 restrictions and therefore to transform Scotland to Texas.
We received a full refund - much appreciated and it will be remembered when we hopefully reschedule.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 154kirsteens
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2020

Dear 154kirsteens,

We appreciate your time in sharing feedback. We are doing our best to accommodate our guests during this unprecedented time. We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 9 March 2020

I recently stayed at the Cambria Hotel this past weekend. The hotel room was very clean with up-to-date amenities. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and in fact, we received text messages daily to see if they could do anything to make our stay better. The location is GREAT! We were in town for a concert at the Toyota Center which was a little over half a mile away. It’s under a mile to great great restaurants and only .3 miles from Minute Maid stadium. We had a great time and I will definitely be staying again when I’m Houston.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear Karen C,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel and thank you for your compliments. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our exceptional location and great rooms and amenities. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay and you recognizing them is appreciated. Please visit us again on your next trip to the area.

Best,

Reviewed 16 February 2020

We stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and the beds were so comfortable. The staff on check in were so welcoming and polite and were able to check us in early. The hotel is a few blocks from main street in one direction and a few blocks to the convention centre in the other direction. I loved staying here and would completely recommend it.

However, there are a few niggles as such with the property:

1. if I hadn't have read on other reviews that you had to go to level 2 for reception then check in would have been confusing when we first got there as there was no one on the door to greet us or direct us as to where to go.

2. the lifts are so slow! Some days we took the stairs up four floors as we got bored waiting for the lift, also hold on when in the lift, they cause such a head rush when they come to a stop.

3. the bathroom doesn't have a door that fully closes. The bathroom door slides back and forth and there is an inch gap between the door and the wall it is attached to so you can see right into the bathroom and shower cubicle when moving around the bedroom, as I was travelling with a friend we had to to agree to staying to one side of the room when the other was using the bathroom as otherwise you could see right into the bathroom through the gap or in the reflection in the mirror that was in the main bed area.

4. Service at breakfast was so slow, please ensure you give a good hour for breakfast as it is not a quick service. The first morning we went it was 40minutes before someone came and took our order, the hostess (who I felt was mocking us in her mannerisms some mornings) kept saying she'd be right with us, but it was 40mins until she came by. They did comp us our drinks that morning, but still, service was slow. Also, the prices of breakfast are very expensive, but their evening menu is very well priced. It would be nice if they served soy milk.

We did have one bad nights sleep on the friday night but this was due to the inconsiderateness and rudeness of the other guests on my floor being drunk and loud in the corridor in the early hours.

Overall, this is a great place to stay and I do recommend it. It just needs more staff on in the mornings for breakfast, especially when a convention is on and more efficient lifts

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank alabama231
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear alabama231,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments. Each member of our team strives daily to deliver a positive guest experience. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We appreciate having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

I booked the Cambria after I noticed my favorite hotels were sold out. However, I became very excited to stay at the Cambria when I saw that it was a historic building that was renovated into a new hotel. Check-in went rather smoothly, although the first disappointment came when I realized that no one was going to help me get my bags to my room. Once I arrived in my room, I was pleased at the view (perfect view of Minute Maid Park and the surrounding area) and the aesthetics of the room. Later, I became hungry and decided to order room service. There’s no room service. You call to place your order, then go down to the restaurant to pick it up. I used a food delivery service instead. Later that night (about 10:30 or 11pm), I’m exhausted and about to go to bed and I hear this tone going off. Not blaring in your ears loud, but loud enough. I can’t figure out where it’s coming from so I call the front desk. Skipping details, engineering discovers it’s coming from the ceiling, has to return with a ladder and discovers it’s the fire alarm. It’s malfunctioning and knocked the A/C off, so I need to change rooms. He asks me if I sprayed something because he can smell a fragrance of some kind. I had sprayed dry shampoo about 15 mins earlier. He mentions when they receive reports of a fire alarm going off in a room for no reason, they can usually smell a fragrance and they believe that’s what is causing the smoke alarms to malfunction. While we’re talking, the A/C turns back on so I’m allowed to stay in the room. About 10 mins later, the fire alarm goes off again. I call the front desk, they are very blasé about it and tell me I need to change rooms. No apology, nothing. A few minutes later, they call me back saying they are sending someone up with keys to a new room. When I open the door, I see they’ve sent engineering with my keys. After I express my annoyance of having unpacked everything (for once) in a joking, light-hearted way, he offers to help carry my stuff to my new room. I decline and express my appreciation, but tell him that I know that’s not his job and I don’t want him to have to do that. I really felt bad at the thought of him helping me do that. Does this hotel not have a bellman?! Mind you, it’s definitely 11pm or possibly midnight at this point and I’m regretting having unpacked everything to now re-pack to change rooms. I arrive at my new room, excited to see what I was given. Surely with all this inconvenience, the fact that I’m traveling on business with a major corporation and it being so late, I’m convinced they will have upgraded me. When I arrive to the room, it’s exactly like the last room. No upgrade. Granted, they may have been sold out and couldn’t have upgraded me, but they never said that and acted like it was not a big deal for me to be made to switch rooms. It’s past almost midnight or even past it, when I’m finally able to go to bed only to have to wake up very early for my meetings. The next morning, I inquire if there is a shuttle to take me to the office less than a mile away. There is none. I thought all 4 star hotels in downtown Houston had shuttles, not to mention I thought to be on my company’s “preferred hotel” list, it was required. Apparently not. Anyway, I get ready, close the bathroom door to put on perfume. As I exit and enter the bathroom, I make sure to close the door behind me in case that’s what set off the fire alarm in the first room. However, 10 mins later the fire alarm is going off. I’m minutes from walking out the door, so I ignore it, but when I wanted to spray hairspray, I did make sure to close the bathroom door and get into the glass shower and close the door to use the hairspray. Never again. Finally, later that day as I’m checking out, I ask the front desk if someone can call me a cab to the airport. She looks confused, says yes, but Uber is cheaper. I tell her I prefer a cab. I turn to step away while the calls, however she begins providing me with the phone number to the cab company so that I can call myself. When did 4-star hotels quit call cabs for their guests? If I had any thoughts of trying the Cambria Houston in the future, it definitely went out the window at that point.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Valerie2017985

Dear Valerie2017985,

We aim to impress, so I'm sorry that your visit was just okay. Your detailed comments, which highlight some of our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

The hotel is in a perfect place in down town.
Clean, nice and very comfortable.

But We went out on Jan 14th 2020 and they still did not refund the u$s 80 of garantee debit of our Debit Card. They told us three ours after we departure the money would be refund.
Today is Jan 26th an no news. We Madero more than 4 calima and no answer yet.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Marcevina
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2020

Dear Marcevina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Upon check-in a credit card is required for room, tax & incidentals; an authorization occurs to be sure funds are available, but the card is not charged. The balance of this authorization is released upon your departure. At times the process can take several days but I would invite you to contact the hotel directly (713.222.2100) if you still haven't seen the funds return to your card so we can investigate. On behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies for your inconvenience.