“Beautiful restaurant and good food!”

Maison Pucha Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Pucha Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 304 of 8 629 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I went here to eat lunch. She had been here before, but I had not. We were greeted and seated.

First off, the restaurant is just beautiful with its open kitchen areas, two bar areas, restaurant seating with a lot of light, and the woodwork is divine. It appears that they have a community dining table, too. My hat's off to the architect/designer. Loved seeing the gleaming silver covers (to cover the food dishes) on the kitchen ledge.

We enjoyed a glass of chardonnay and some rose before ordering. The soup of the day was a cream of mushroom and it was beautifully presented, served very hot, and it was downright delicious. I am not sure what type of real mushrooms were in the soup, but they were wonderful. (I have never met a mushroom I did not like.)

I had the appetizer shrimp ceviche which was, also, beautifully presented. Very tasty and quite spicey. My friend had the smoked chicken sandwich that came with fries. She said it was wonderful, and we shared the fries which were very tasty.

Our server was Alberto and he was most attentive and took care of our every need. He told us about the chocolate ice cream, which we are sure was heavenly, but we passed and will have to go back to try it. We also saw a beautiful sorbet dish being delivered to another customer's table.

Note that the sizes are not American size (which are way too big anyway), but French size (why do you think the French are not obese like Americans?).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went with another couple for our first time to visit the restaurant. The appearance is very nice, staff was very nice and helpful. We had a variety of food including fresh fish and my buddy and I split a "special" steak. It was very good but expensive. For the 4 of us and one $50 bottle of wine the cost was a little over $400.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a Michelin class restaurant, superb food, drinks and nice atmosphere. They could use more waitstaff, but every bite was a gem. Highly recommend

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Had a wonderful date night Saturday evening. We were the first guests that night, promptly seated, and even though the team was meeting to get the evening going, one of team members came over to offer us water or a drink order. We were personally greeted by the Chef. The food is amazing, full of different flavors and textures. Our waitress was very attentive. The cocktails were also great. We'll be back next weekend for our early birthday celebration. Go and enjoy a nice relaxing evening with excellent food and drink.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We sat outside on a nice evening. Our server Carina was great. Great wine list with very modest mark-ups. Started with delicious gougeres which we don't often see in Houston. Lots of gluten-free choices for my celiac husband and they knew the ropes on that. Food was excellent. Only very little quibble was that they had a tendency to take some plates before everyone was finished. We will probably make this one of our regular dinner spots.