Lowest prices for your stay
Gaylord Hotels
2 031
1 482
2 031
1 482
All reviews gaylord texan paradise springs riverwalk cantina atrium view italian restaurant texas station sports bar zeppole snow tubing ice sculptures beautiful resort old hickory steakhouse glass cactus water park lazy river christmas decorations under one roof
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 5 118 reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2021

We booked a room online, but you require a reservation now to access the water park. I have been on hold for 30 minutes. Need to answer the phone...or create an online reservation system...or provide an email request contact.

Also, you may want to tell Marriott to answer their Titanium Elite line as well - tried them as well, but waited 10 min before hanging up. - it's embarrassing how bad the service and perks are since you merged with SPG.

Disclosure - I haven't actually made it to the hotel, but

Date of stay: September 2021
Gaylord Texan Resort, Owner at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Dear JWD5001,

It was a pleasure hosting you, and we appreciate the review. Here at the Gaylord Texan, our team wants to provide nothing but the best hotel experience, and we sincerely apologize that we fell short of that while you were with us. Please be assured your comments have been shared with our leadership team and will be addressed internally to help improve our world-class experience for all current and future guests.

Thank you again for the review, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2021

I checked in and room floor was dirty, called 3 times to get housekeeping and they never came. I even stopped the housekeeper in the hall and asked her to stop by the room and vacuum to which she said she would, but even after being out of the room for 6 hours it was never done. When I called down to the customer service desk I was told twice they would make sure it got done and again I check out with it never being done. Customer service was terrible, I will not stay there again, Rooms and balcony needed attention. Even after doing a review once I was home I was told by Marriott that my complaint did not justify any compensation in points. With COVID I did not feel they were paying attention to cleanliness like they should

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank P6333FOcd
Gaylord Texan Resort, Owner at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Dear P6333FOcd,

Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

Very clean rooms, quiet, and comfortable beds. Christmas decorations were amazing. Our favorite activities were the escape room and the theme of the Christmas movies they had in 2020 which I know changes. My son also loved building a snowman! I would not waste the money on the outdoor walk through Christmas lights. It was small, the decorations were torn, and you could see all of them if you just walked to high point outside of the hotel. Super festive and had great holiday cheer. When we went it was super Covid protocol so only 2 restaurants were open but I am sure now that has changed!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Since this year we couldn’t afford a vacation we decided to do a staycation. Finances are tough so we only booked two nights. Of course we could’ve booked five nights at nearby hotel with what we paid here but we expected super nice for the $$. For the amount of money paid I really expected top notch everything. Facilities are top-notch and the staff and service too. But I was immensely disappointed how unkept some areas were. There is no better explanation that the pictures that I am posting. Broken sun bathing chairs at the pool. Super nasty dirty pool deck. It takes forever for employees to notice and pick up trash from the ground. Parking garage elevator feels like a New York subway elevator (see photo). It was a busy weekend. The place was packed. They made me throw away some chips and water bottles that I had in my bag before I could enter the waterpark.
Again there’s a lot of great things about this place, yet I couldn’t help but notice so many areas where they dropped the ball. I do feel disappointed because I spent some hard earned top dollar.

Room tip: Water park is half the size you imagine from the pictures you see. You cannot bring any outside food into it.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gaylord Texan Resort, Owner at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

Dear rafirondon,

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Paradise Springs was overcrowded by 10:30 am and we left! It was like a land rush when they opened the gates at 9:00 and everyone went for the free-non reserved chairs. It’s very small for the amount of people allowed in. You are elbow to elbow the entire time you are on the lazy river. Lockers are $10. Chicken strips $15. We went back to the outdoor pool at the main resort. The water was completely cloudy and there were no chairs or anywhere to put your stuff. We went off property to Main Street Grapevine a couple miles away. HIGHLY RECOMMEND as there are lots of restaurants and shops. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but we were wanting to spend more time at the water park. It truly needs to be a lot bigger to accommodate the amount of people. The Cirque show was great and a very good deal!!

Date of stay: August 2021