“Worst rip-off ever. DON’T RENT FROM THIS PLACE”
Review of Sam's Dock

Sam's Dock
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Grapevine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer the largest, newest and most diversified fleet of Boat, Personal Watercraft & Party barges in North Texas! Get all of your summer boating essentials at our ship store, including gas, water, ice, beer, snacks, fishing & marine supplies and more!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What was supposed to be a great day with family and a few friends turned into one of the worst. Rented a pontoon boat for 6 hours to tube and swim. About 2 hours into the rental the propeller on the boat stopped working and would not go into gear. My husband and I looked at the propeller everything was fine no big pieces missing etc. Ive owed boats in the past and believe me when you hit something in the water your going to know because it will throw you out of your seat. It’s happened to me in the past. This was nothing like that at all. All the boat did when you put it in gear was revved up it wouldn’t go forward or backward. Took an hr for someone to come out. That could do crap to help so took another 30min for a boat to come out. End of the day came. Went in to get my belongings and was told I was going to charged for a prop of $250 then Monday I look at my cc and I have a pending charge of an additional $500. Have know idea what it’s for can’t get anyone to tell me. Basically I spent 2x as much as I thought the outing would cost. More details on yelp if you want to read.

All reviews
"blast"
in 3 reviews
"employees"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Crew was great, we grilled, swam and enjoyed hanging out on the lake listening to tunes with about 20 people. Fun. Would do it again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the best experience ever! We enjoyed the crew and the ride! They were very respectful and enteracted with everyone. We had a safe trip and I would do it over 100 times!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We rented a 7 passenger speedboat for Father’s Day. The boat was very roomy and it was great family time! In fact, our 3 kids ( in their 20’s) were asking when we could do this again as we came in to dock. Tips: bring goggles if you rent a tube, get there at least 1/2 hr early, ask the parking attendant if you could drive down to the dock to drop your stuff off and then go park. Sams dock employees Mean what they say, so just follow their instructions and everything will go smoothly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I spoke with the owner and advance in my party of 20 was able to board in Grapevine at Silverlake it worked out great very clean and very safe time Mike Siegel the captain was very good I wish they boarded in both Grapevine and flower mound each Friday the boat is kept in Grapevine my only issue was it advertised soda and water and there was no soda this could be an issue for people that don’t drink alcohol it was a fantastic evening for everybody We will go again