“Lunch”
Review of Two Rivers Cafe

Two Rivers Cafe
Ranked #17 of 39 Restaurants in Gonzales
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Came in for lunch. Not many people in the restaurant. Had a club sandwich and fries.
It’s wasn’t bad. But for $11 with a drink I don’t think it was a great value.
Bread wasn’t anything special, just looked like H-E-B wheat bread, meat was the same. Just normal lunch meat. Usually a club sandwich is three layers with bread in the middle and sliced into triangles. This was not. Regular sandwich. Not cut at all.
Fries were crispy and hot.
If I go here again I will try something else and maybe get a better meal for my money.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Second visit within a month. Previously we had chicken friend steak and the avocado chicken salad. Most recently, we had lunch on Sunday: Tejas burger and chicken fried chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. The food was all tasty.
The biggest change is that the service was much improved from several months ago.
While there was only one waitress on both recent visits, she greeted us upon entering, took our drink and food orders promptly and the food arrived within a reasonable amount of time. She was also very friendly.
The only thing she didn't do was check on us during the meal. However, the cafe is very small and had we needed anything, we could have easily gotten her attention.
We will visit regularly as long as the good food and service continue.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

My buddy and I are bikers and we were riding through town and saw this place and decided to stop in for lunch. This is a small restaurant in a quaint old downtown building overlooking the square. The restaurant is very basic as far as ambience, but like another reviewer noted, it's kind of like going to a friend's house.

I had the jalapeno crusted chicken fried steak, it was big, perfectly done and spot on delicious. The mashed potatoes were as good if not better than I have ever had in my 55+ years of caring about flavor. The salad bar was very small, basically a large chilled bucket of romaine lettuce and various ceramic jars of veggies, croutons, olives, etc. Everything was fresh.

We met Caleb who was working the dining area and enjoyed a very pleasant conversation.

This is where I will bring friends.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I had their steak fingers and fries basket and was very disappointed in the portions. They were tiny for about $10. They were pretty good however. Generally if I get a basket of something I have enough for a second meal. Not this time. I got it to go. The recently catered a meal for a party I went to. Again the food was good but the portions were tiny. So if your not very hungry and don't mind paying full price or not much, this might be the place to go. I will give them another chance. I hear their burgers are very good. They are new to town.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Just had sourdough pancakes made from scratch and the scrambler. Nice portions, and tasted excellent. Caleb is the chef and he came out to talk to us, very friendly and accommodating.