“Would have been great, if the elevator had worked”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen KItchen
Balcony
Bunk Beds
Bunk Beds
Main Pool
Main Pool has swim up island and swim up gazebo
Main Pool Looking North
Swim up Gazebo in Main Pool
East Pool
East Pool
Hot Tub
Main Pool has swim up island
Gazebo at Pool.
Use to serve your guests.  There are BBQ Pits next to the pool as well.
Volley Ball near Main Pool
Hot Tub
Arial View of Main Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Karen W
“Would have been great, if the elevator had worked”
Reviewed 25 March 2016 for a stay in September 2015

My step-daughter and I stayed for a Sunday-Tuesday visit in September. I am an older lady with back issues. My step-daughter is obese and has health issues, too. Our condo was on the 4th floor. When we arrived, and unloaded we found that the elevator was not working. We had to go to the very back of the complex to take an old elevator back there. It only went to the 3rd floor. So we had to take our bags all the way back to the front of the complex where our unit was located. That wore us out. When we got to the front of the complex on the 3rd floor, we had to climb two flights of stairs to get to the 4th floor and our unit. So step-daughter stood guard over luggage and I made numerous trips up carrying our heavy bags up the stairs to our unit. By the time I got it all up there, I was worn completely out.

The condo was 401, or 402. We were located on the very front of the complex overlooking Seawall Blvd and the Gulf. The balcony was extremely large. I wish there had been a hammock. The kitchen had every small appliance one could think of, and nice new stainless steel appliances. The unit had 2 bedrooms, each with king-sized beds, ceiling fans, and 2 full baths that had been updated. There was a set of bunk beds in the entry hall, and the sofa made into a bed, too. Both bedrooms had a large screen TV. The one in the living room had 3D glasses for use and some movies. There was coffee in the pantry, salt, sugar and creamer, things like that. It also had a full size frontload washer and dryer. We spent most of our time on the balcony. It was very breezy and enjoyable out there except for the person below us who kept smoking on his balcony, which caused the smoke to blow up to our balcony. I am an ex-smoker and can no longer handle the smoke.

For me, the bed was too hard, and I missed having a nightstand in the second bedroom because I sleep with a ceiling fan and bed side fan every night. So I did not sleep too well.

We talked with someone who lives there and they told us that it was very rare for the elevator to the 4th floor to ever work.

I talked with the manager after we returned home about the elevator difficulty. He said that he could have gotten someone to help us. This was news to me. He also said that he was going to credit my account for $50 because of the issue, but I never received the credit. He also said that the unit owners had agreed to put in a new elevator at the first of this year (2016). I do not know if this has happened. I also complained that the thermostat would not go down low enough to cool the unit and was told again that all I needed to do was call him and he could have controlled it from where he was located.

So, with that said...the unit was nice and I would recommend it. But if your unit is going to be on the 4th (or any floor), I would check on the elevator status because it was a real spoiler for me.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony and location
Liked least: The elevator not working and not being able to lower the thermostat
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
25 Mar 2016
Thanks for providing a review. I'm so sorry the elevator was intermittently out during your stay. We have a disclosure about it on this site. A new elevator has been ordered and will be installed this fall 2016. The old elevator has been repaired temporarily and seems to be working most of the time. This condo is truly the best condo in the resort and I have so many repeat guests that won't stay anywhere else.

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your stay despite the extra exercise you encountered.
Jit239
Guelph, Canada
“Galveston Maravilla 131”
Reviewed 6 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Excellent, better than advertised, dog friendly. The unit was very nice and clean. The Maravilla was excellent. Its location is far west but it suited our needs very well.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
11 Nov 2014
Thanks for the great review! Just to clarify for readers, this Resort is on the Galveston Seawall and 2.5 miles west of 61st St which is only about 2 to 4 miles from nearly everything in Galveston. Moody Gardens & Schlitterbahn Water Park are 1.9 miles (4 minutes) from this Resort and Galveston Island Convention Center is 2.7 miles (6 minutes) from this Resort.
labpuppy0...
Houston, Texas
“Great”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this location to stay while attending a conference on the island. The condo was nice, clean, and well funished. The complex was spacious and close enought to be convient, yet far enough to not be bothered by crowds. The pools were nice and evening walks on the seawall made it a very nice weekend. We will plan a return trip.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing