“No fish”

Williams Party Boats
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Most of the staff was nice, but no one caught anything. We drove from Dallas to Galveston to go on a boat ride. I would not do it again. If they're not going to put us on some fish they aren't doing their job. Then they asked for a tip... for what?

All reviews
"capt"
in 5 reviews
"12hr"

Reviewed 17 June 2018

This was absolutely the worst deep sea fishing trip of my life on 06/04/18. Deck hands were slow in aiding. I was fishing next to first timers and lines kept getting tangled. I got bumped on boat which caused me to get a backlash--lost fishing at one stop waiting on deck hand to help with backlash. When we returned to dock--last one to get fish. Just so happens one one my husband's fish just happened to fall off his stringer. First and definitely last trip with Williams Party Boat. Oh yeah--my husband and I were the only Blacks on the boat.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

My son attended the week long summer fishing camp at Texas A&M Galveston, (it was a group kids ages 13-17). They went fishing on the Williams party boat “TX Sun” (the boat in their group picture).

Went out to the Jetties a couple of times during the week he was there (Just the kids from sea camp were on the boat) He had a blast. Caught a “huge” kingfish but lost it when they tried to get it with the gaff. The weather had the water messed up from an incoming storm, so it wasn’t the best for fishing but the crew tried their best to find the fish.

He said the Captain even showed him the wheelhouse—I don’t think they do that on normal trips, but it was great they made it educational for him, as that is what the Sea Camp is all about. It’s great they wanted the kids to get the full experience!

We’ve been on one of their 12hr charters before as a family as well last summer and had a good experience.

I would recommend spending the $20 and registering for the TX CCA Star tournament that runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day (I think those are the dates) if you are going out just incase you get something that qualifies for the boat/truck packages. There is an offshore section but you can also have a chance of getting a tagged fish if you are on the jetty trip.

Take motion sickness meds the night before and the morning of if this is your first trip until you know how your body does. He doesn’t get sea sick but said a couple others did.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Had a great trip on the 12-hour red snapper trip. The deck hands are amazing, and the captain even came down to lend a hand :)
The boat was full, so there were plenty of tangled lines due to the undercurrent, but there were plenty of red snapper to go around! It was a pretty rough ride out and several people got sick, but all in all, everyone had a great time!

1  Thank Crystal C
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Easy to book (although 5months prior to date and still had to take 2nd choice of day!). Rough water but great fishing. Everyone caught their limit. Not enough deckhands but someone in our party used to be a deckhand so we were okay. Food was okay, who wants to eat when the water is so rough and it is after all a fishing boat. Have gone out with them several years in row, always a good time. Very crowded though!