“Smoked Meat Makes All The Difference”

Jennie's Smoked Burgers
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This might be the tastiest burger I have ever had. Smoking the hamburger meat ratchets up the flavor to a new level of delicious.
The toppings were also on point. The cheese was thoroughly melted (a dying art) and the sauce complimented the burger.
The tornado fries were terrific, too. Spiral cut, deep fried and perfectly seasoned.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

These hamburgers are made with ground brisket and they have very good flavor. I like the french fries but have also tried the spiral cut potatoes which are like potato chip on a stick. It is tucked behind the Fischer & Wiess or a store just to the east of Fischer. It is worth the hunt!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My wife & I visited this place last week while on vacation in Fredericksburg. Read all of the reviews, & it sounded fantastic and very much like "our kind of place."
First, we ordered the double-meat cheeseburgers...good thing we did, because the meat patties were rather skimpy. The overall taste of the burger, though, was pretty good...we didn't think they were too smoky, but we both DID notice they were quite a bit saltier than either of us are used to (thank goodness we didn't sprinkle MORE salt on them from those pesky little paper salt packets!). The biggest problem we encountered was a distinct "hot" flavor from the burgers...(maybe cayenne pepper?) that made both of our mouths burn. Now, both of us were raised in Texas & used to and enjoy hot dishes, but this really surprised us...wonder if folks from up North visiting here were crying in their burgers from the heat!
We also ordered the Tornado fries...neither of us were impressed by these "potato chips on a stick." They also were very salty (we expected that), and cold when we got them (didn't expect that), but were also obviously dusted with a generous amount of cayenne, too. They were passable, I guess, but looking back, we should have ordered the onion rings...probably would have gone better with the cheeseburgers (and maybe not as hot-peppered). Definitely "underwhelmed" by the Tornado fries...
The workers here were polite & friendly, and were able to get out a lot of orders to a bunch of people in a relatively short time. I particularly enjoyed the "Maine Ginger Brew" soda at the self-serve soft drink machine...really sweet with a prominent ginger root flavor (thank goodness not "hot", though!!). The place was clean & neat, lots of paper towels to use, in case you get messy (like us), and the restrooms spotless & well stocked.
On our next visit, we'll give this place one more try...but we WILL ask for them to go EASY on the salt & hot pepper on the burgers! Hopefully, 2nd time will be better...

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The wife and I just wanted a burger that day. So glad we found this--the best burger I have ever eaten. Very clean establishment, and it didn't smell like a greasy spoon at all. The tornado fries were delicious, too. We will return here on future trips, for sure, and my search for a smoked brisket burger local to our area has now begun! Seriously, outstanding burger and I didn't even have cheese.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick, affordable lunch option on a girls trip. The burgers were very tasty. The tornado fries were good but not really french fries, it was almost like potato chips on the skewer. We would definitely stop again for burgers in the future but would probably skip the tornado twist. Was a fun novelty for a first time though.