“Great for couples”
other travellers have booked this property
hot-tub hot tub
Suite 2
Suite 2
Suite one bath
suite two bath
breezeway separating suites and leading to backyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Claire A
“Great for couples”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The hot tub and Jacuzzi tub were great! The only thing I would have changed would be the lack of lighting in the backyard - had to use my cell phone flashlight.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
22 Feb 2018
Thanks, Claire! I will check the back light sconces to put in brighter bulbs.
Please come back!
Billy R
“Would not recommend as a place to stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Place has maintenance issues and when needed help no response from person rented from when tried to contact for help. Every thing else booked up had to endure the stay. Will never go back

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Jun 2017
Mr. Rumbaugh's review is unfortunate. I was never contacted by him either by phone or email. I sent him both my email and phone records to show him that I did not receive any type of communication regarding his issues.

He did email me when he was leaving but never mentioned any problems. I emailed him back and thanked him for staying at Cross Mt Retreat.

During his stay one of the doors was broken. We would have been happy to help fix the door or send our maintenance person to fix it.

He said that there were cobwebs everywhere and I check the property before each arrival and everything was clean.

This type of situation is very difficult for my husband and me because we have been running our bnb's for 17years and take pride in our properties and the goal of making them a great experience and getaway for our guests.

I am grateful and thankful for all of the guests who have enjoyed Cross Mountain Retreat. We continue to try our best.

I asked Mr Rumbaugh if he enjoyed the great king beds, the new hot tub, anything about our property and there was no answer.
DeAnn G
Orange, California, United States
“Amazing, Amaxing, Amazing!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

This place is incredible. My husband and I and my sister and her husband spent Christmas here. It was great - we had one suite and they had another. It's a beautiful setting, wonderful comfortable beds, fireplace, mini-kitchen, private patio, and a larger outdoor jacuzzi. The owner was so wonderful. We loved it and had a great Christmas. My only very minor criticism is the outdoor jacuzzi is at 92-94 degrees. Most jacuzzis are at 98-102 degrees. It was more like bath than a the warmth of a jacuzzi. However there are jacuzzi tubs in each suite - which are wonderful! A+++++++ if you stay here you will be very happy. It's a mile or so from downtown - which I found to be very nice. Easy access to downtown but away from the noise and crowds.

We used hill country laundry - which was great and very reasonable priced. We dropped of in the afternoon and picked it up clean the next morning.

The Vaudeville restaurant is sooooo good. Ottos is also delicious. Crazy Franks BBQ is awesome, but get there early - they sell out pretty frequently. You can buy dinner to go in the morning from them and then heat it up for dinner in the mini- kitchen and enjoy the wonderful suite. Lots of wineries and shopping nearby! The guys loved the local golf course and went three times.

16 Jan 2017
DeAnn,
Thank you for the wonderful review. Daniel and I are so glad that you enjoyed Cross Mt Retreat. We discovered after you left that the heat sensors in the hot tub were not working and have been replaced. So sorry that this issue caused you any inconvenience.

We hope you come back, soon!

Laurie
Mary_gard
“Perfect”
Reviewed 21 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My husband and I stayed here when we visited Fredricksberg for our anniversary. We could not have been happier with our choice of lodging. It was quiet and very comfortable. It has a comfortable bed nice bathroom with big shower and jacuzzi bathtub and a kitchenette with fridge/microwave/sink/coffee pot. There was a nice back yard with hot tub, patio furniture, grill and fire pit. We would for sure stay here again!

22 May 2016
Thanks so much for your kind comments. It makes us happy to know that our guests have a great experience when they stay at our properties. We put a lot of work and care into making our properties clean, comfortable and especially luxurious because our guests deserve this for their vacation time.
Linda C
Vashon, Washington
“fantastic-- loved it!”
Reviewed 3 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

The place had everything needed for relaxing. Great hot tub outside, great whirlpool tub inside, faux fireplace, super comfy bed, wonderfully soft robes. Only a couple items we could have used weren't provided-- tiny things like dishtowels and a sponge for cleaning up the kitchenette, + more real silverware and bowls would be nice. But we absolutely loved the privacy and comfort. Very short drive to town. The owner was easy to reach, very friendly, and answered my call promptly. Will definitely hope to return!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: hot tubs and comfy bed
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Mar 2015
Thanks for the kind review, Linda. I agree that we needed dishtowels, sponges and paper towel for the kitchen area. I have stocked these items and also added new plates and cutlery. I appreciate your honest opinion about how we can improve and hopefully, when you return, things we be a bit better for your stay! Please come back. :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing