“Perfect Anniversary Stay”
Master Bedroom View 2
Fall Evening
Hill Country Sunset
View from Back Deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Yardville
Texas
“Perfect Anniversary Stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

I was trying to find a special place to celebrate our anniversary and came upon this wonderful place. In general, we like B&Bs, but to have a whole house to ourselves was great! No one to bother us and no one trying to clean the room. This is a cottage on 55 acres - all alone and the owners do not live on the property. Your view is pretty much just the countryside - sitting on the back porch in the morning or after dinner was really awesome. The house is about 12 miles from Fredericksburg, so you'll have to drive everywhere, but this was not an issue for us. We stayed two nights - breakfast was in the fridge for both days when we arrived (kolaches, muffins, orange juice, fruit) and we had ordered the homemade flourless chocolate hazelnut torte - delicious!

We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having a house to ourselves.
Liked least: A little far from the city, but not really a problem.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
San Antonio

people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
brenhammo...
Brenham, Texas
“Perfect romantic getaway - home away from home accomodations”
Reviewed 5 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012
people found this review helpful

Hubby and I were looking for the perfect place to stay for a weekend anniversary getaway to the Hill Country. He found this place first on the internet and we fell in love with all it had to offer, but it was a bit out of price range. It had everything we were looking for but we weren't sure if we wanted to stay somewhere that was 15 miles outside of Fredericksburg. After days of looking through all the other B&B's in the area, we knew we should go with our first choice and stay at Bella Vista Cottage. As my husband was booking it, we found out that they run a special of stay 2 nights get the 3rd free during the months of Jan & Feb. Book it!
Now, if you are looking for a place where you can walk downtown and then back to the room to drop off your shopping bags or want to be close to go back to the room for a change of clothes midday, Bella Vista is not the place to stay. It is a good 20 minute drive to downtown Fredericksburg, but still worth it to us. As we followed the directions that the owner gave us, I was a little leary of where we were headed. As we drove up to the house, I still questioned the place a bit (everything ouside is so dry), but when we walked in the front door, I knew we were in the perfect place. The pics you see on the website are what you get in person. The accomodations are beautiful. The owners have great taste!
When we walked in, we were greeted with a complimenatry bottle of wine and chocolates. Breakfast (bakery muffins and pigs in a blanket) and fresh fruit were stocked for our stay. They have everything you need. Everything in this house seems to have been purchsed new. No hand me downs from another home.
The master bed/bathroom has everything you would want for a romantic getaway. There is a large double shower, jacuzzi tub and the bed is extremely comfortable. There is a big screen tv in the master bedroom and living area. They do have movies, to watch but if I came again I'd bring those with me. We saw numerous deer from the back patio windows.
Overall, our stay here was exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to have complete privacy yet be close enough to Fredericksburg to enjoy all it has to offer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: home accomodations, ammenities,
Liked least: Distance from Fredericksburg
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing