“You have to try this place!”
Review of Backwoods BBQ

Backwoods BBQ
Ranked #44 of 147 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

It's not on Main Street like every thing else in town, but it is well worth the short drive (10 minutes) to get to Backwoods BBQ. I know it's not rated as the best, but I am telling you it is. They have great meats and the best selection of sides I have seen at a BBQ restaurant. It is very modern and clean unlike some other "hole in the wall" places in town. Lot's of parking too. Go hungry because the servings are big and the prices are right. I had the rib plate and got six ribs, three sides, bread and a drink for $10.00. Best BBQ in town.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Very nice and large establishment with plenty of parking and plenty of very good BBQ. We've been visiting in Texas for a while now and have tried the BBQ in several different cities. These people at Backwoods BBQ are doing a great job. Some of the best we've had to date. Kudos to the cooks and staff

1  Thank gkeager
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Backwoods BBQ is one of the best BBQ restaurants I've ever tried. Mouth-watering brisket, turkey breast, sausage , home made potato salad, coleslaw, the list goes on. We stopped here and ordered food for our annual family reunion. The staff advised us on portion size, let us try samples of everything and ensured that we would be satisfied with our food. Additionally, we were lucky that Friday night was steak night and decided to come back and give it a try. Best decision of the day and the best ribeye I've had in probably 20 years. It literally melted in my mouth. Even though I live in Alabama, this place is one of my favorite restaurants and will be on my list to visit every time I travel to Fredericksburg.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Fredericksburg finally has a good place to eat BBQ. Have gotten food to go and I have gone there to eat and I have never had a bad meal. Chicken BBQ is hard to fix right and theirs is the best I have ever had. Their other meats are very good too. Their beans and sauce are some of the best I have had. Wish some days they were open more than what they are. Making BBQ is a time consuming and a long hot process and if you don't have time to do it yourself, they will fix you up with a great meal.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This isn't just amazing BBQ and excellent service! The atmosphere is so pleasant and on Friday nights, you can sit and listen to one of the greatest musicians Fredericksburg has to offer! And along with the great music they serve steaks cooked perfectly to your liking. You can't find that just anywhere!