“Calamity struck during our stay...”
Review of Rosen House Inn

Rosen House Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Quaint and historic B&B that is in constant repair, we were told upon arrival. Never saw a proprietor, but the owner's elderly mother was friendly and did her best to accommodate us. The sagging walls, lopsided stairs, and squeaky floors are expected because my wife and I enjoy the history contained in early Twentieth Century architecture, and character of visiting preserved areas of our country in neighborhoods such as this one in Fort Worth. Unfortunately failing plumbing flooded the attic in the early morning on the day of our departure. We pitched-in to assist with the disaster as other guests fled the collapsing ceiling and deluge falling onto persons and property. The Inn needs too many hands-on improvements to be the management responsibility of a single elderly handicapped person. The mattresses need to be replaced. The slow-draining lavatories require repair. Responsibility is severely lacking by management. This could be a diamond and not the rhinestone we experienced!

Room Tip: Wait until more renovation and repair is accomplished
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Kelly B, Owner at Rosen House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

So very sorry for ALL that you had go through. In our 6 years as a bnb we have never had such a catastrophic event and my husband who arrived from work as quickly as could from Dallas was so very appreciative and thankful for your assistance. We both work full time and my mother in law serves the breakfast that I prepare each morning. As you know, we had a hot water and pipe explode unexpectantly which was installed and inspected by the city of Fort Worth prior to our opening. We had no idea this would occur and without you all and the neighbors assistance we would not have been able to save our timeless hard wood floors, etc. I actually spoke with my my mother in law and you during this process and we offered a free return stay and many words of gratitude as we are a distance from the bnb at work. Words cannot express ho thankful we were for you very kind hearted and understanding folks. I am sorry that beyond the catastrophe shaded your view. I wish we could have assisted with other needs. We have mattresses made here in west texas that are under 5 years old and never had a guest express concerns. Your room does offer three table side lamps and a ceiling fan light. We are always open to further suggestions to assist our guests. Yes, as a past professional plumber, thank you for also letting us know about the slow draining sink. We were able to repair this along with the attic plumbing leak, etc during this process. Thank you again for being such a giving individual as we were contacting neighbors and plumbers by phone to assist since we both were at our work places that morning. YOU truly went ABOVE and Beyond. I am sorry this was not the best way to end your vacation we too, are having to deal with the after math. Please consider a second chance for us to offer you our Texas Hospitality when you are in Fort Worth or a neighboring BnB. With sincere apologies for the hot water heater explosion. Rosen House Inn

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We can't say enough about the proprioter, Kelly, whose hospitality was top notch. We stayed for 5 nights and everyday and every evening was filled with unexpected surprises and such warmth and care. Kelly wanted to make sure our stay for our son's wedding was PERFECT. Kelly was extremely generous and thoughtful. The morning breakfasts were absolutely delicious. Kelly accommodated my many food allergies with creating dishes that did not have gluten or nuts. She even visited a local bakery to pamper me with GF desserts and a very yummy GF cupcake on my birthday. (She also gave me multiple birthday gifts as well.) She was extremely helpful with finding a local hair dresser for me the day of the wedding. The Rosen House was the perfect location close to the church and reception site. Kelly allowed our many relatives including our grandchildren to come into the house at anytime. Kelly was extremely personable and gracious. She even helped us line up a ride back to Love Field to catch our plane. The house was beautifully decorated for the holidays, too. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom extremely spacious in the room we stayed in. A bottle of wine was waiting for us in our room. Each room had individual heating units which allowed everyone to be comfortable. (The units were not in the windows though.) I would highly recommend The Rosen House for a retreat away from it all or if you have to travel to Ft. Worth. Kelly communicated quickly via phone and email prior to our stay. Her mother-in-law, who helps with the hospitality, was on vacation the week we were there. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We saw all the rooms and all are wonderful. Only one room has a king size bed.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was honestly our absolute pleasure to host your family. I feel like we are all family now! So glad that everyone was comfortable (beds) and welcome during their stay. We appreciate you all enjoying our 19 Christmas trees displayed throughout the house. We pride ourselves on trying to accommodate our guests dietary needs. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your sons wedding week. We hope that if you all are ever back in Fort Worth that you will join us for another stay!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Kelly, the proprietor, is an awesome individual. She was attentive, caring, personable. She went beyond the call of duty. Our family felt so welcomed and put us at ease. If I could give this place 10 stars I would. The rooms were spacious and decorated to the hilt for Christmas. Even Rufus and Chloe, the dogs were hospitable as well. Our family was there for a family member's wedding. She accommodated our family as if we were royalty. She allowed other family members who were not staying there to come in. She even fed them. We not only celebrated a wedding, but a birthday. Kelly presented my sister with a birthday bag of goodies. She also accommodated dietary needs such as gluten free. She makes the best bacon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Such an honor to host you and your family! I enjoyed our early morning conversations before breakfasts and visiting with the pups. Please do join us again if you are ever back in Fort Worth! Thank you very much for your kind sentiments.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Rosen House Inn for a night away while visiting family in Fort Worth. The room was clean and comfortable, and the Christmas decor was so beautiful. Kelly’s hospitality really made us feel at home and breakfast was delicious!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrshcwhite
Kelly B, Owner at Rosen House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

So happy y’all enjoyed your getaway. Glad to host your stay! Hope you will visit us again another time. Happy New year!

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Rosen House Inn and absolutely loved the place. A beautiful house and a wonderful experience. There was a bottle of wine in the room, all the details were perfect, the breakfast was fantastic, and our host was a pleasure. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Sceubow, Owner at Rosen House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

So glad y’all enjoyed your visit! We are excited to host your next stay when you are here in Fort Worth!!