“just OK”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed 2 April 2018

seemingly a historic favorite in Highland Park. But to me his Ferrari poked in his reserved spot says it all ..
I am here to make lot's of money. the waiter wasted no time in getting our drink order in and at ordering the entree was there in about 5 minutes which says to me every thing is pre-cooked to almost a fast food operation.

so this was our second and last time ...

1  Thank wmjjones3

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed authentic, tasty Mexican fare and outstanding service at Javier’s. Large portions and nice, cozy atmosphere. The food was exceptional.

1  Thank Jeff C
Javier G, Owner at Javier's Gourmet Mexicano, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you. We are pleased that you enjoyed everything. come back and see us agian soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I think the atmosphere in the restaurant is fine but the food was average. The service was very fast, really almost too fast. I kept thinking they were going to take the fork out of my mouth on my last bite so that they could clear the table and seat other patrons. They wanted to constantly take our chips and salsa and literally asked three times if we were finished even though we weren't. I don't like restaurants that are really slow but I felt like I was being hurried through my entire meal. I had a long day at work and wanted to relax a bit at dinner. As mentioned, the food was okay but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Javier's is always packed! The restaurant and the cigar bar. It has been a Dallas favorite for decades and still keeps going. Don't miss the cheese panella or the cantiflas, pure perfection!

1  Thank Kim H
Javier G, Owner at Javier's Gourmet Mexicano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for the outstanding rating and review. As well as your recomendation of your favorite dishes for others to try.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

A group of 8 friends and my husband took me to Javier’s for my birthday celebration on Saturday night. We had a private dining room and Ozzie really did a great job serving us. He kept the cocktails flowing and got our appetizers out quickly. We had the Ceviche (always my choice), the Guacamole and the Cheese Panela (as delicious as in restaurants in Mexico). The majority of our 10 person group ordered on of the five Filetes on the menu with the Cantinflas being the favorite. The Garlic Shrimp entree was also very well received.
The key lime pie and the crepes were both wonderful desserts. I cannot wait to return.

Javier G, Owner at Javier's Gourmet Mexicano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

First off happy birthday, and second thank you for the great review. So glad that you enjoyed everything.