“Not sure what all the fuss is about.”
Review of Zodiac Main St

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Commerce and Ervay
Transit: DART stop at Akard and Elm Streets.
Reviewed 19 August 2018

This is a sleek and calming restaurant in the sixth floor of Neiman's downtown. It wasn't very busy at lunch on this Saturday. I had the lobster bisque, which was nice and the crab cake salad, which was very good. Silver dollar sized crab cakes were tasty; not a good value at $27.50. My wife had the lobster Cobb salad. Again, fine, but at $30 with jar bacon bits, not a good value. Excellent lemon cake with raspberry sorbet. Polished service. Nice bottle of wine. At $160 for a Saturday lunch with tip, we've checked it off our bucket list. Not likely to return.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2018

When in downtown Dallas don’t miss lunch at this amazing restaurant within the historical first Neiman Marcus store. The exceptional service and delicious menu is a delight. You will want to leave time to wonder throughout the store to see the latest fashions as well as the museum quality art collection of Stanley Marcus.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 February 2018

The Zodiac in the original Neiman-Marcus in Dallas has been around for well over half a century and still offers a quiet retreat from an increasingly noisy world. The traditional small cup of broth still starts your meal as do the delicious popovers. We had the mandarin orange souffle and roast turkey and havarti sandwich, and both were delicious. And of course there was the N-M chocolate bite to send us on our way. Service was exemplary as always.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018

A very nice experience to eat lunch at a classic Dallas institution. The service is impeccable and very welcoming. There are several little touches that make this a fun lunch that is very "old school." We were served some delicious broth and the popovers are very good. The salad I had was good, not great. The chicken on it was a little bland. I would say that the best part of this meal/experience was the service and warm, old fashioned atmosphere.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Spent time in Dallas with my husband for our anniversary. On our last day, we went to the Zodiac, which is located inside the original Neiman Marcus store. It is not easy to get to, but they do have valet parking, which is free to customers. The menu is elegant and not too pricey, with lots of good options. I had to try the truffle fries, which were very good! I also had crab cakes, and my husband had a delicious burger and an awesome cup of coffee! We loved the complimentary chicken broth and turnover appetizers with strawberry butter... so yummy. Service was good, atmosphere is elegant, but not pretentious. I really enjoyed the experience!

Date of visit: July 2017