The Adolphus, Autograph Collection
Reviews (2 734)
2 734 results
1 612
1 612
All reviewsfrench roomrodeo barbeautiful historic hotelclassic hotelneiman marcusroom servicewalk in closetlobby barvalet parkingjunior suiteheart of downtownsitting arearooms are largean older hotelrooftop poolconvention centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
9 - 14 of 2 734 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved the modern updates to a historic building. The rooms are chic while the bath facilities are second to none! Loved the walk-in shower vs. standard tub/shower combo. I recommend this hotel! Instead of the standard hotel furnishings they have dialed everything up a notch.

Room Tip: I like a corner room, very quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Tauseen M, General Manager at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Christina S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Adolphus. We very much appreciate the kind words on our major hotel restoration, we are delighted you enjoyed what we have done with our historic hotel! The bathrooms in our rooms are so lovely, we are so pleased you enjoy them as much as we do! Nothing better than a beautiful, spacious bathroom when traveling! Again, we can’t thank you for all of the kind words you’ve shared here with us, it will be our pleasure to host you again the next time your travels bring you back to Dallas!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our business hosted some talent for a sporting event we organized in Dallas and all the staff went above and beyond in order to satisfy our every needs. Our specific industry requires a lot of processing and high standards when it comes to hosting talent and the Adolphus’ staff really delivered in what was a critical piece of the whole event endeavor. Daisy Espinoza who served as our hotel liaison was extremely helpful and available at any time of the day or night, while really understanding the processes we wanted to implement and taking work off our hands. She delivered every step of the way. The Adolphus is a beautiful property and their staff only adds to the whole experience. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank The B
Tauseen M, General Manager at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear The B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Adolphus. We are all filled with great pride reading this review. We completely understand that privacy for high profile talent and athletes is of great importance, and proper execution for your team's stay is crucial. I am overjoyed to read that Daisy was so helpful, and delivered every step of the way, that's fantastic. I have already passed this review on to both Daisy and her team, so her hard work is properly acknowledged. On behalf of The Adolphus, we want to thank you for choosing our historic hotel and it will absolutely be our pleasure to host you again when your travels bring you back to Dallas.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stay in Dallas once or twice a month... TOP PICK in Dallas has always hands down been the Mansion at Turtle Creek (Mary- The Concierge) is best in the world. However, my client is so far away I got tired of the drive. My client recommended the Adolphus! Im not going to stretch the truth and say every stay has been amazing... but, I will say this. I have met with the GM, and the Director of Food & Beverage (Amanda) and the changes they have made to the hotel in the last 3 months are remarkable!! Overall, the hotel has amazing charm, the rooms are great! Old world class!

A+ to the following:

Check-In
Front Desk Manager (Doruk)
Rooms
Amenities in the rooms
Water Pressure
TV/Plugs/Electronic access
The kindness of the staff is amazing
DAYTIME- Valet and Greeters
AC/Heater
TEA
Ambiance
Decor
Fireplaces
Views (If you get a room with a view)

B+

Wifi
Elevator
Movie Selection

C +

Housekeeping (Rooms were very clean) However....
Snacks/Drinks in the room
Room Service
Bar Food
Evening Valet
Concierge Floor Snacks & Drinks

Overall, this IS my business hotel of choice moving forward. I am excited to update my review with new changes as they continue to improve!

Room Tip: Great Staff
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear STEPHYNIE1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent business visits with us at The Adolphus.
As a seasoned traveler to Dallas, your thorough review is so very valued to us. It has been our pleasure to host you, and Amanda and I have very much enjoyed the opportunity to meet with you personally. I love how you broke down this review, and love even more the areas of our hotel - like ambiance, rooms and front desk team, especially Doruk - earned an A+! Thank you for the feedback on in-room dining, the valet team and the concierge floor. I have personally followed up with those departments to identify how we can improve our guest experience. It will absolutely be our pleasure to host you during your monthly visits to Dallas, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First, I am always cautious about renovations of “grand” old hotels. For reasons that escape me, the designers all seem to want to make them look like Westin’s. Which is fine if you are a Westin, but tinkering with a century old hotel with legendary status is playing with fire. The renovation of the Gunther in San Antonio where the designers painted acres of exquisite woodwork white is one such example. But I digress.

Happily, the designers of this renovation did a very good job of preserving the iconic touches - and honoring them with some contemporary design elements. It seems to work well.

The rooms are stunning. They are fairly large to begin with. In a renovation some decades back the original room count was about halved, and thus the rooms today are very spacious. Much larger than a “modern” hotel. The new design is modern and elegant. You will be very comfortable. The bathrooms are works of art. The beds - amazing.

For the most part, the public spaces are a well done blend of the original design and contemporary. Quite difficult to pull off, actually. The guest room hallways are works of art. Truly very well done. I’m not a huge fan of the long “communal table” pieces that are seemingly everywhere and always empty, but there is one in the lobby here and it looks great. Though, like all of them....empty.

The staff is very friendly - this is Texas - but I was a bit dismayed at some of the AM uniforming. T shirts. Particularly in the “City Hall” restaurant. And there was more than enough scraggly facial hair and otherwise questionable grooming about. I know it’s “du jour” , but there should remain respites from the relentless quest to please millennials, and a historic luxury hotel should be one of those.

Speaking of “City Hall”, the sort of tragic necessity of a 3 meal a day restaurant that seeks to please all and in the process pleases none, this is one place the design team went off the rails. White subway tiles. Absolutely no color anywhere. Blindingly bright. It looked a bit like one would be dining in a hospital surgical suite, but without the charm. And of course the menu is “limited”. Frankly, it is a poor use of space.

I did not take the time to peer into the legendary “French Room” but it appeared mostly intact viewed from the lobby, though updated carefully.

I’m sure there are many in Dallas and who otherwise have fond memories of the French Room. I’m equally sure the owners of this hotel would have gladly filled it with concrete or staged a nightly ceremony where they took $10,000 in one dollar bills and set it on fire - singing show tunes or chanting. But these are the types of logical financial decisions that gets one lynched by gracious, stoic “women who lunch”. And in Dallas, that crew still has enormous influence. And so it remains. For a while.

On balance, the owners of this hotel have honored the history, and maintained it as a refuge for weary travelers.

You should definitely stay here if you have the opportunity.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler3879

Dear Traveler3879,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us at The Adolphus. We are nothing short of delighted to read that you enjoy our renovation, and that we did a good job of preserving our iconic touches. I'm also glad you found our rooms to be so spacious, they are certainly some of the largest in Downtown Dallas, and every room in our hotel has king sized beds which is certainly a perk when traveling! Thank you for the feedback on City Hall Bistro's uniforms and overall appearance. We will absolutely use this review as an opportunity to make future revisions to our renovation.
I am very proud of our team here at The Adolphus and there is nothing better than reading a review on how friendly the service was during our guest's stay. Overall, I'm so thankful to read such a positive review from a seasoned traveler. It will be our pleasure to host you again the next time your travels return to Dallas.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed just a single night at The Adolphus, and almost instantly regretted that; our experience was excellent from the moment that we arrived to very last minute.

We had chosen an “Executive King” and the room was large, comfortable, and the fit-out of high quality; everything was just right. The hotel was actually hosting a wedding reception and normally this means that every other guest suffers, but here it was of no consequence; no impingement, no excessive noise, no problem. We enjoyed an exquisite pre-dinner cocktail in the bar, and great breakfast.

The acid test (that is, would I return): Yes; we’ve already booked a return visit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Antipodeans_Abroad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Adolphus. Excellent from the moment you arrive to the moment you check out is exactly the goal we strive for, so we are very thrilled to read that we hit that goal during your stay. I'm so pleased the the room was large and comfortable, all of our rooms have king beds which we understand is a nice perk when traveling. I'm so excited you'll be joining us again, please don't hesitate to email me at tmalik@adolphus.com, for your return visit. I'll personally see to it that you have a wonderful room with a great view for your second visit with us! Until then, have a wonderful weekend.