US$347
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$127
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$102
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$86
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$256
US$203
US$275
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmu campuskimpton hotelswine hourhighland parkrooftop terracefree bikesfront deskpark citiesdirectly across the streetcool hotelmini barbush libraryhotel restaurantcar servicevisiting dallaslobby areanice pool
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I spent over an hour calling hotels in Dallas that said they were "dog friendly" but had weight/size restrictions. I was so frustrated because my large dogs are so kind and friendly. The Lumen is truly dog friendly and does not have weight restrictions! Upon arrival to the hotel, the valet personnel were so incredibly helpful with all my luggage since I was also walking 2 large dogs. The front desk service was outstanding! He was so kind and gave my sweet dogs some treats and dog toilet bags. My husband and I are so impressed by the service, kindness and helpfulness of every single employee. We especially loved that The Lumen does not charge additional fees for our dogs. Being a military family without human children, our dogs are a huge part of our life. We will always recommend the hotel and of course return to this hotel the next time we're in Dallas. They loved our dogs and treates them the way family members should be treated.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nadiangu
Reviewed 25 May 2018

This hotel is not one I would recommend anyone staying, based upon my experience. The hotel staff was indifferent to the idea of providing good service to hotel guests - from the valet to the front desk staff to the restaurant staff. At every turn, there was disappointment and even some disdain. On top of that, there was a long fire alarm, closed workout facility, nonfunctional electrical outlets and a broken iron. Even though I was there at a time when the hotel was nearly empty, the restaurant staff seemed put out by having to serve me. Hopefully they can get their act together.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank whizzem
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

The only reason we even stayed here again inthis hotel is the location next to Smu. I don’t know why anyone would stay here If not associated with SM U .After staying here numerous times I have to say are better options.
The staff at check in were great but the waiter in the restaurant is beyond bad ( funny how most reviews mention it) I don’t know why he had not been fired by now- ( we have been staying here 3 years now because of proximity to our kids dorm.
There literally is no-one in the restaurant and he will walk by numerous times without approaching the table. This last visit We were in a hurry so we called our order in from the room, were told it would be ready in 15 min, and 45 min later got our food ( which was undercooked) I had to get up and ask the hostess for it 2 times since the waiter refused to approach our table.... totally unacceptable!!
Also, the room was worn, noisy and the air kept turning on and off all night. I think I would stay anywhere else but here next time

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel and convenient for downtown but outside the downtown location. Quirky rooms but spacious and well appointed. Restaurant is slightly unusual but bar is good. They also hold unusual taster evenings which were “interesting “
Would stay here again due to location and surrounding environment

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Good quality, low rise hotel in suburban enclave near to SMU. Contemporary style public areas with well-equipped bedrooms. Friendly staff, complimentary newspapers available in lobby.

Weak spot is the restaurant food and service which was lackluster during my stay.

There is a pool but it is oddly adjacent to and visible from the entrance lobby. I saw no one using it during my stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business