“Not recommend”
Review of Cafe Izmir

Cafe Izmir
Ranked #736 of 4 164 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I do not recommend this place. Food was below average. The service was very good but the food has lot to improve. I will not go back

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Staying at a nearby hotel this location was perfect for a nice romantic Greek dinner. We’ve visited many Greek restaurants in Europe and the USA, and Cafe Izmir easily compares to the taste, style and service of the European experiences. Typical European or Mediterranean Service isn’t fast. They purposely do not rush you, nor is life there rushed. They allow you to enjoy your meal. You aren’t just another table to flip for the night. And in that part of the world, it is not rude to call your server. Many times, at least there, the server will not come to you unless you wave a hand or signal in some manner that you need something. So don’t take it personal, it’s their way of life. After all, you did want Greek, or Mediterranean Food. Cafe Izmir does offer takeout but it isn’t a Kiosks, although it is on a corner, it’s a corner restaurant. Overall, Cafe Izmir is the best Greek we’ve had in the USA between NYC and the Big D, the food and the experience. 6pm Friday night was a perfect time as well, FYI.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Went in a large group this week. They sat us on 2 tables next to each other. We had a few service staff assigned to us, so service as good. We shard table appetizers which allowed us to sample many things. Loved their green peppers. For the main course, I had a chicken dish which was too dry. Good ambience - they had a singer which was nice. But main course for many were so so.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was impressed with the quality of food and service in this place. "ISH" was our waiter, he did outstanding job in serving and welcoming my family.
Lamb chops and lamb roll plus Tapas menu were awesome !

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I ordered tabouleh. Many Mediterranean restaurants quit serving this salad. I was pleased to find it on the menu. It was delicious. They offered me a taste of their hummus. Sooo creamy and smooth. The pita was wonderful as well.

Date of visit: June 2018