“Asolutely amazing”

Antica Osteria Duca d'Aosta
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Pignataro Maggiore, the ancient Osteria Duke of Aosta is pleased to offer its guests the aromas and flavors of traditional Mediterranean cuisine, with an eye always strives to find new and tasty dishes.
Reviewed 2 October 2019

We stumbled by accident on Gio's restaurant and boy were so glad we did.

It's a real Italian family restaurant. Because Gio Handpicks all the ingredients (only from local production) there is no menu provided. You only get seasonal really fresh food.

I have the chance I'll definitely go back to enjoy his fantastic coocking!

Food 5/5
Hospitality 5/5
Price/Quality ratio 5/5

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (387)

Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

My cousin who live in Italy likes to try different restaurant. We drive for 45 min to get to this little restaurant in Pignataro Maggiore.

It was worth the drive.

This is a rustic cusine, that reminded my cousin and I of our childhoods. It was all very tasty and fresh.

Unfortunately we did not try the wine. But the 2 other guys there seemed to like it and order more.

We chatted with the owners, and the 2 other customers. It was a treat.

The antipasto were all great. The pasta with bacala was good, just a little salty for me. The dessert was light, fluffy and not overly sweet.

There is no menu. You need to get over this. You can call ahead and they will accommodate you likes.

Worth a try and the experience and adventure.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 6 March 2019 via mobile

I have been here with my colleagues in Feb 2019 for my farewell party from the company I worked for at that time. An unforgettable day with gorgeous local and genuine food and lovely company.
Giorgio has passion and is incredibly welcoming. He will tell you where everything comes from, he chooses every single vegetable or meat. A small little gem absolutely worth the visit.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

We love the food and atmosphere here! Gio is such a wonderful host and tries to explain everything slowly so we can understand it! The food is incredible! Send them a message on Facebook and you are all set!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Used fb messenger the day before to make a reservation for eight at 12. Very responsive. Recommend contacting prior to arriving to check on availability.

Nothing was brought to our table that wasn’t absolutely awesome. Great table wine. Primi for the day was a sausage and porcini mushroom dish with a choice of gnocchi or another type of pasta. Waiter was fantastic and despite our limited Italian vocabulary took the time to explain what he was serving us. We will be back again!

Date of visit: October 2018