“Awesome!”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Area
Kitchen
King Master
Bath with shower and tub
Last Outpost Ranch House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dmrnwt
Odessa, Texas
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My husband, 3 children and myself spent the long weekend in The Ranch House and it was even better than I had expected. The house itself was lovely, well equipped and clean. The furniture and fixtures are all high end and expensive! Amazing shower and soaking tub, water pressure to rejoice over! Much larger than I honestly expected, plenty of room for the five of us (my youngest is 8 months old so we had a walker, 2 play pens (1 upstairs/1 down stairs), toys, etc.) The kids LOVED the horses, cows, chickens, and the lone farm cat! The owners were great! Everyone had a wonderful time! Very peaceful and laid back!

I wouldn't call these negatives...simply stuff to maybe be aware of:

1. there is only ONE tiny mirror, maybe 12"x14" (in the bathroom over the sink)...it sits up pretty high also (I'm 5'5) so three girls trying to get dressed every morning to go into San Antonio was a bit of an ordeal! A full length mirror stashed somewhere would've been immensely helpful! But we made it work!

2. the cabins are pretty close together (20ish feet apart) so you can and will hear your neighbors if you are outside on the porch (we were serenaded by a younger, maybe honeymooning??, very much "loving" couple each night after 10 pm..if you get my meaning ::wink wink:: while funny to us, some might find it uncomfortable. Inside the cabin we never heard a thing! Only while outside on the porch or patio area...and honestly the couple seemed to be going above and beyond to make racket! We never heard anything out of the other cabins.

3. stairs in The Ranch house are a little brutal...well for me anyways. But I'm a little over weight and running up and down with a 20+ lb 8 month old infant several times was rough! The single bedroom and bathroom are upstairs so if you have bad knees this could be tiring! Again, not a negative just something to be aware of!

Zero complaints! The owners were as nice and lovely as the accommodations! We would gladly stay again and again!

A++++

jbsings4h...
Plano, Texas
“Farm living getaway”
Reviewed 21 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

What a quiet place to get away to. There plenty of room to walk around and be alone or watch the longhorn cattle, chickens and horses.
Greg and Joan had the cabin fully stocked with food and plenty of cookware and dishes.
What a great time to get away and unplug.

woodmaste...
“Peace and quiet off the beaten path. This Ranch House is wonderful.”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This wonderful little Ranch House is a perfect place to get away from it all. While it may not be for everybody, we found it to be very relaxing. Perfectly quiet with the sounds of only nature, especially at night. The house was clean and well maintained. It was decorated in a Texas ranch theme and that really added to the experience for us. Hopefully one day we can return. I highly recommend this place.

caseyrobe...
Houston, Texas
“As Texas as it gets!”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Four of my work colleagues and I wanted a little break for a weekend, and we decided on this cozy house in the Cowboy Capital. Very nicely decorated and furnished, and well-stocked with food items (the owner even brought us eggs on Saturday morning!). I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who wants to get away!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing