“It was great atmosphere”
Review of John T's BBQ

John T's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Gotta give a shout out to the fantastic dinner my family enjoyed at John T's BBQ on the square in Winchester, TN. Some of the best dry-rub baby back ribs this Southern boy has ever eaten. Good sauce and sides but the highlight was the fall-off-the-bone ribs man!!! The restaurant needs to get added to Trip Advisor so more people know about it...on second thought, maybe I 'll keep it to myself.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The place is cute! Loved the decorations and the feeling of kicking back for a while with friends. The waitstaff were wonderful. The food a little better than ok. We had take out, but are less than two minutes away. The portion sizes were good, but the side potato was just that, there was a few sprinkled pieces of cheese on it, none of us liked the pulled pork it was so dry every drowned it with bbq sauce, chicken was ok but the sweet potatoes fries were worth the trip. Price was fair for the amount of food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

John T's has had a mixed history but has recently added new ownership and staff that has put it all together. Good food, service and pricing make for a pleasant experience. The atmosphere is a typical BBQ joint but historical antiques and newspapers make the visit interesting.

1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Took a day trip and ended up in Winchester. This place was on the quaint town square and was the only restaurant open so we stopped for lunch. Service was spot on and the food was delicious. My brisket sandwich came with the meat in a single slab and I was concerned about eating it without cutting it up. No worries as the meat was incredibly tender. Husband had the ribs, turnip greens and onion rings. He didn't say much because he was inhaling his food. The banana pudding for dessert was also delicious.

1  Thank cperrin63
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I grabbed the pork barbecue plate. I chose the white beans and potato salad as my sides. My dinner came with a cornbread hoe cake. The barbecue sauce was delicious. The barbecue had a nice light smoky flavor. The white beans were exceptionally good. Tasted like they had slow-simmered
for hours and had great texture to them. Try them out!

1  Thank gr_47qi
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Recently stopped here with friends. Interesting indoor space, with semi-outdoor area as you enter, then restaurant area thru another door.. Decorated with many eclectic items on the walls. The wait staff seemed distracted and busy the evening we were there. Waitress knew answers to our questions and only one person in our group had the BBQ Pork Dinner, which was a huge plate of food. Three of us had burgers, which were very dense (frozen) and everything was hot.
Good value for the money...will go again earlier in the day.

1  Thank Mary L