“Clean and accomodating”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Big Meadow Family Campground
Reviewed 15 October 2016

The proprietors were very courteous and very helpful. The facilities were clean and well maintained. Very close to the Smokey Mountains and Cades Cove. We are looking forward to staying there again. Townsend is a small town but has a couple good restaurants close to the campground. Also, the campground has a well supplied store for forgotten items. Clean bath facilities and restroom.

Room Tip: The best sites are along the river, however, they have only 30 amp connections
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

We have stayed in almost every campground here in Townsend and this is very nice. They have a lot of pull through some with concrete others gravel . Nice playground and splash pad. Security gate is a nice touch as well. We will stay here again♡

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I made reservations for three campsites for Labor day weekend for myself,son,and daughter with their families and it is hard to find a spot on holidays so I made it in advance. They do charge a night's deposit on each campsite and it is NON REFUNDABLE so you better make sure you can go. We could not go due to an unexpected death of my daughter-in-law's Mother and dear friend of family and did not want to celebrate so soon after her death so it cost me $141.00 for absolutely nothing and I am CERTAIN the spots could still be rented since it was for Labor Day and canceled three weeks prior to Labor Day anyway just be aware of this policy I have learned my lesson the hard way. I don't know about other policies but I do know this one.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Nice place. Only thing lacking is a pool for the older kids and fire rings. It was very clean and quiet. Would go back. It was nice and clean and quiet. People were friendly.
We enjoyed it here. Loved the dog park. It's very up to date, bathroom was nice but showers were a little small.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016

This is a nice campground. I thought the streets were a little tight for big rigs. The bath houses are clean but sometimes don't have toilet paper in them. The playground and splash pad were nice for the kids. The campground itself was very quiet. The reason I don't think I would return is I think the prices are a little steep. I paid 57.00 a night, after all the taxes if was like 70.00. The wifi is slow. Don't try to use it for much or it will time out.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family