All reviewsconference centerour room was spaciousstaff was very friendlyattractionstennesseetrolleyfireplace
Reviewed 25 June 2018

For the past few years we've attended the annual fall car show and stayed at this Holiday Inn location...always was our preference since our first stay.
Today, I booked a reservation which is now known as the new RAMSEY HOTEL.
I spoke to representative Becca, who was beyond accommodating to reserve the room we wanted and to make sure our stay and trip would be enjoyable. We are looking forward to staying in the newly updated Ramsey Hotel and meeting the very pleasant staff like Becca.!!
Thanks again Becca..!! Karen

Room Tip: Several room options available on website to meet guests wants and needs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank jimmykaren2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

So the day before arriving my travel consultant tells me that it's no longer the Holiday Inn but the Ramsey Hotel. We checked in around 7pm after a very busy day sight seeing around the Smokey mountain national park. We were very surprised to find a delightful array of anniversary balloons on our room(celebrating 25 years of marriage) and complementary breakfast included. We had twin double bedded room with en-suite. This Hotel still had the Holiday Inn about it even though they had official had taken over a week ago. Great staff (lovely lady serving behind the bar) made you feel very welcome. I'm sure 'the Ramsey' will be great.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dogman1812
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The hotel had a sign out by the main road saying Holiday Inn but nothing on the hotel identifying it. When I went into the lobby I asked if this was the Holiday Inn as sign was quite far from the building. The room was clean but does need updating. The people employed there were all very helpful and friendly. Could not ask for nicer people. The people behind the desk at check in were very helpful. The staff for the breakfast buffet also were so attentive and friendly. There is coffee in the lobby and water all day and night which was great! The buffet area has all been remodeled but they put in a couple of booths near the buffet area that are so tight people did not use them. This hotel had plenty of parking.

Room Tip: We had a large king room on the first floor convenient to outside access door.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hazel A
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Becca Woolsey was so nice and took her time showing us the rooms, per our request.
She was so informative and made it very inviting making it very easy for us wanting to stay at the Holiday Inn. We have drove by here several times thinking it may be out of our league but Becca made us feel right at home. We were very impressed as soon as we walked in. She made it that much more inviting.
Had we not pre-paid at the other place and not being able to get our money back, we would definitely be here!
Thank you so much Becca, we look forward to seeing you soon
The Noel’s

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank curlyqueii
HolidayInnPF, Front Office Manager at The Ramsey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear curlyqueii,

Thank you for your kind review and your sweet words regarding Becca. We think she's pretty amazing too! I'm only sorry that you didn't get to experience the full scope of our service but I have a feeling we will be seeing you next time you're in Pigeon Forge! Thank you again, we can't wait for your next visit.

All the best,

Andrea W
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge twice this year. The last time I stayed here was about ten years ago while the hotel was going through a major renovation. Again, its going through a major renovation. The swimming pool area has been completely renovated and is still being remodelled. The hot tub is quite strange and the workmen aren't doing the best quality work as tiles had already fallen off. The room was tired. Certainly not meant for a day and time when two people with smart phones, laptops, and any other devices wanted to plug them in. The bed was comfortable and aside from the dust the room was for the most part clean. However, it is tired. The curtains were torn and stained. The bathroom had black mold. Our tub was cracked with a bad repair job made. The AC worked well, the housekeeper was friendly, and the guest laundry was a great touch. The bathroom wallpaper was messed up and in disrepair, as if it had been patched back together.

During my stay in early March, the room was in better condition, but the same issues abounded.

Given the condition of the room this time around, I would wait until the renovation was over to stay here again, but when we checked out the lady said the hotel is leaving the Holiday Inn system. As a Platinum Elite Member, I generally always pick a Holiday Inn property, so if the change is coming, then I would be unlikely to stay here again. My review is based on the pool, the friendliness of the people I encountered, and the fact that the room overall was clean.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joshinnorthGA

Dear joshinnorthGA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back in the future! You are correct in that the hotel is undergoing some much needed improvements. The hotel is under new ownership and the new owners are committed to tremenously improving the quality of the product offered by renovating all of the rooms and the majority of the public areas in the building. The restaurant has been upgraded and now hosts a full-service bar, the pool area has been renovated and a poolside bar will be available soon. We know that you have many options from which to choose when you visit Pigeon Forge and we certainly hope that you will give us another chance to wow you with our new and updated product and our amazing service.

Best Regards,