“Moonshine Tasting”

Ranked #19 of 63 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was the third moonshine tasting experience I did in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area (after Ole Smoky and Sugarlands). This tasting was not as organized or informative as the other two. That being said, there are some great shines here to sample and they have a great lineup of cream liqueur available to sample separate from the shine bar. I thought the store personnel could have been a bit more helpful, but the bartenders doing the shine and liqueur tastings were pleasant and gave some good information about each shine.

Unlike the other shine tastings I participated in, this was a continuous tasting that you could jump into at any point. You were allowed to sample up to eight shines from a full line up, which I found difficult to do without a whole lot of guidance and I found myself running out of my eight sample cups before I had tasted some of the shines I really wanted to taste, so you need to be strategic.

The liqueur tasting was a completely different experience. I was able to sample all six of the available cream liqueurs at that station.

Also, unlike the other distilleries I visited, my wife and children did not join me here. This is located in the Old Mill section of Pigeon Forge, so they had a great time shopping at the nearby shops, while I got down to business and met up with them later.

Overall, this was a good shine tasting experience with some quality shines that you will want to purchase.

OldMillCustSer, Guest Relations Manager at Old Forge Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you so much for visiting us! We are glad you enjoyed your experice sampling and with the bartenders.

All reviews
"taste test"
"bananas foster"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I was there early June of 2018. I loved the shine and enjoyed the in house sangria....
Buuuttttt, I need you guys to check out your rum game.
I got a bottle of white rum from you guys because it seemed interesting. But it taste like nail polish smells.

I love what your doing but please either fix your rum or take it away. Shine is enough, it's good. Got the banana foster and still dreaming about it.

OldMillCustSer, Guest Relations Manager at Old Forge Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback on the rum. We appreciate you stopping by and sampling with us!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We visited Old Forge Distillery for the second time this year. We visited last year and found the host to be very helpful and informative. Her suggestions were right on the money, so we visited again this year. Same inviting atmosphere and same good experience again. There is a variety of items to choose from and I would highly recommend you save some time to drop by and spend a little time there. You will be glad you did!

Thank you so much for visiting us!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Old Forge Distillery is the best in Pigeon Forge. The tasting is amazing. They are so helpful and friendly. They also have a great selection of items. I recommend the Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cherries.

Thank you so much for visiting us! Glad you enjoyed the Pineapple Upside Down Cherries!