Dollywood's Splash Country Water Adventure Park
Ranked #31 of 98 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: Adjacent to Dollywood theme park, Dollywood’s Splash Country water adventure parks, is situated on 35 acres in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Named America’s Must-See Waterpark in 2009, Dollywood’s Splash Country features a variety of water slides and attractions—from mild to wild. The Cascades™, an 8,000-sq.-ft. lagoon-style leisure pool, Fire Tower Falls™, the state’s tallest twin speed slides; Bear Mountain Fire Tower™, a multi-level interactive water adventure; Mountain Waves, a 25,000-sq.-ft. wave pool; Slick Rock Racer, a multi-mat slide; the Downbound Float Trip, a relaxing lazy river as well as interactive children’s play areas. The 2013 season will welcome River Rush, Tennessee's first and only water coaster! Available for rental, Riverside and Waterside Retreats offer privacy and luxury (park admission, linens and/or food not included with rental). The waterpark operates Memorial Day to Labor Day; visit the website for operating hours.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place wait times not terrible. Food prices comparable with other amusement parks... Good selection of slides to choose from. Fun time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 614)
All reviews
"whole family"
in 50 reviews

33 - 37 of 1 614 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had made plans to visit the park today, I had purchased a Gold Season Pass, 2 refillable mugs, and had reserved a retreat because I had recently had surgery and wasn’t mobile enough to walk around a lot or go on rides. I made the reservation over a week ago at which time there was a 20% chance of rain. As of 5:00 yesterday,the cancellation cut off, the chance of precipitation was 30% but still not a major concern. This morning at 7AM I woke to strong thunderstorms and now a 60% chance of rain. I called customer service at 8 AM to see what I could do about moving the reservation on the retreat that had cost $140 !! I was told “No Ma’am, you had to cancel your reservation by 5:00 the day before”. If you are in the park and the rain causes you to not go on rides, they give you another day of admission, but apparently if you rent a retreat, and the weather changes, you get screwed and treated rudely by a customer service person. Well, I guess I should purchase the two additional tickets I was gonna purchase, go to the park in the rain, sit in my retreat and have food delivered all day and get two more tickets for admission on another day, sell the tickets, and hopefully get back some of the money I wasted. Sure hope Dolly Parton and the owners aren’t struggling to pay their bills, they must really need the money.

Pete O, Guest Relations Manager at Dollywood's Splash Country Water Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experiences at Dollywood's Splash Country. It is always a pleasure hearing from our guests but perhaps our disappointment is greater when the experience you describe is an unpleasant one. Please email guestservices@dollywood.com about your experience with our Sales & Service Center host concerning your refund. They will be able to assist.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The water park is amazing and with tons of staff. The food stalls are spotlessly clean and sooo tasty. The local radio station was there and that added to the atmosphere. Park is very spacious and well organised so even though car parks are busy you don’t feel like the park is crowded. The rides are fun and the lazy river so relaxing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had only one day to go to Splash Country so we were going rain or shine. Unfortunately, it started raining about an hour after we got there so I think that slowed down the crowds that would be coming. Then, a couple hours later it poured and the people that were there went home. We spent the time it was raining in the wave pool to stay warm. My kids (5&3) loved the wave pool and we had to drag them out when the rain stopped. It was then we realized almost everyone went home. It was probably 4pm at this point. There were no lines for anything-- literally, walk up to the ride and go. It was amazing! We had a blast. The rides were fun, the park was clean. Only downside was the food wasn't great but I had read reviews and knew that going in. Much better options at Dollywood. Not sure why they don't open a couple of those restaurants at Splash Country. Enjoy!!

1  Thank astroeliz
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I spent the day here. Very expensive. Between the cost to park, entrance fee, and locker we were at $300 before ever getting on a ride. I would recommend the fast pass if very crowded. The lifeguards did not provide much information almost like they assumed you knew were entrances were. I did not see one smile from staff the whole time we were there. None looked happy but my kids had a great time and my husband and I did too. The wave pool was a hit and the kids did a few of the slides twice. Take lots of money if you go.

1  Thank debrag718