“Very Good Italian and Excellent Service”
Review of Johnny Carino's

Johnny Carino's
Ranked #27 of 200 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We enjoy going to the local restaurants during the off-season to see what they are really like and Carino's is very likable! On a Friday night we were promptly and courteously greeted and seated. Our waitress, Camila, greeted us again and not knowing if we would order wine with dinner, we delayed drinks, she quickly brought our waters. The menu selection is very good and the optional wine pairings are good, reds, whites and others. Both of our dinners were chicken so we went with a white Zinfandel. Our dinners were Bow-tie Pasta with chicken and bacon in an Alfredo sauce and I had the Artichoke hearts on Angel-hair pasta, also with chicken. I asked for a ladle of Alfredo sauce on mine and the kitchen was pleased to accommodate my request. We enjoyed the warm bread and herbs with olive oil drippings and our dinners came out soon. The portions were just right and we were offered freshly ground Parmesan cheese topping (good Italian protocol). We didn't have room for dessert but there are some nice options. We will be back and bring friends.
Enjoy

1  Thank Gene H
Write a ReviewReviews (1 310)

146 - 150 of 1 310 reviews

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Typically I’m not hard to please. But, this go around the prices didn’t match the food. We enjoyed the bread and oil dip. The service wasn’t bad, although I didn’t like being seated next to a loud group. The food was just okay, but the bill ended up being larger than expected. I’d save your money and go to Olive Garden.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Went with the wife and her friend.

I have artichoke w/ shrimp pasta. I was delish.

The service was a little rough, but it was 10 minutes to close...so, take that into account

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The portions were huge, even for lunch. I would recommend this restaurant, anytime we have been there, always have great service!!!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

First of all, charming atmosphere. The rosemary bread and oil were divine. I've tried to find recipes, but can only find one for the oil. Hubby had penne with spicy marina and Italian sausage. He loved it. I had the chicken Alfredo, and I've had better. It was too bland, and the chicken was thinly sliced like lunchmeat, and I prefer strips. To be honest, my homemade Alfredo blows theirs away, but I digress... It still was pleasant dinner, and my hubby enjoyed his so much that I gave them four stars.

1  Thank AprilLuvsSanibel