“Nice Cabin”

Review of LOG WILD!

Log Wild!
Theater Room at Log Wild! Lofted Game Room at Log Wild!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Log Wild!
Theater Room at Log Wild!
Lofted Game Room at Log Wild!
Living Room at Log Wild!
Kitchen at Log Wild!
Kitchen at Log Wild!
Dining Area at Log Wild!
Third Floor Bedroom at Log Wild!
Main Level Bedroom at Log Wild!
Log Wild!
First Floor Bedroom at Log Wild!
Jacuzzi Tub at Log Wild!
First Floor Bedroom at Log Wild!
Wet Bar at Log Wild!
Hot Tub at Log Wild!
Hot Tub at Log Wild!
Deck at Log Wild!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Heidi D
“Dirty, Dated, poorly managed”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This cabin was not at all what the pictures show. Upon arrival the cabin was extremely dirty! There was trash all around our cabin beer bottles all over the ground . The furniture is very worn down, and it is NOT the furniture that is pictured in the pictures on the website. The carpet needs replaced very worn and dirty! Our hot tub never worked the whole time we were there it was not warm enough to get in & enjoy! We called the management to have our hot tub looked at they argued with us and told us that it was fixed it never worked the whole time we were there. Our patio furniture was disgusting there were rips and tears on all of it we couldn't sit in them also there were bees all over the deck ! there are many beautiful cabins in the smoky mountains this cabin unfortunately is not one of them! We will never use American patriot getaways ever again! Very poorly managed and maintained.

6 Apr 2017
I am sorry that you did enjoy your stay at Log Wild. In checking our records I did find that you called our office about the hot tub not heating. We contract with a professional hot tub service and they sent their repairman out to check it. He did not find anything wrong and sent me a picture of his thermometer device showing a reading of 101 degrees which is the standard setting. He was told to set the temperature setting up a few degrees. We were surprised when you called again and, in an attempt to satisfy a guest issue, we sent him out again. Upon checking it the repairman again could not find any problem. He sent pictures of the temperature reading 104 degrees and he also sent pictures of wet bathing suits and towels hung beside the hot tub, so I assume you did use the it. Let me say that each of these calls cost the owner of Log Wild $85.

All our cabins are privately owned and American Patriot Getaways inspects and deep cleans each property twice a year. After your complaint, I will be personally reviewing the property to see if the furnishings are worn and will work with the owner if they are.

We make guest satisfaction a priority at American Patriot Getaways and I'm sorry that you feel our efforts weren't sufficient.

I'm sorry that you didn't mention the fact that you thought the cabin wasn't cleaned properly. We have a very dedicated housekeeping crew and we would have gladly sent a housekeeping team up to correct any issues.

I appreciate your taking the time to submit a survey so that we can improve service to our future guests.
Lydia L
“Not a Good Stay!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Sadly, this was a pretty disappointing stay. On day 1, we noticed that the hot tub was not heating up. We called American Patriot Getaways and they said they would send out a hot tub maintenance man. The maintenance man came the next day when we were out hiking. When we arrived back to the cabin, we were all ready for a relaxing evening in the hot tub! To our dismay, it was still lukewarm, like bath water. We called Patriot Getaways for the second time. We explained our same situation and the lady on the phone argued with us saying the professional maintenance man fixed it. We had to re-state our case informing them that the hot tub was not heating properly. They said they would re-send the repair man the following day since it was already "after hours". The next day while we were out-and-about, he supposedly came once again. When we arrived back to the cabin that afternoon, the hot tub was still a "warm tub", as we referred to it for the duration of our stay. We never received a follow-up phone call from their office to see if our hot tub was fixed and if we were satidfied.
Among other things, the cabin wasn't clean-- it hasn't been "deep cleaned" in years. Trash and dust under furniture and the carpet desperately needs to be replaced, especially on the stairs (I believe someone also noted that a few YEARS ago on another review).
The deck furniture was falling apart and all of the dishes were mismatched. There were only 6-8 plates and nothing went together as a set.
To top it all off, the day before we checked out, we called Patriot Getaways to explain that we were very disappointed by their lack of effort to make our stay fun and enjoyable. They offered us no refund for the lack of a hot tub during our stay and they continually told us that their maintenance man was a professional and he tested the water and it was hot-- they argued with us and provided very poor customer service. After all, we are all adults and know what a hot tub feels like...We were very disappointed. There are hundreds of rental companies and thousands of cabins in the Smokys that we can choose to work with and rent from. My family and I will never again use American Patriot Getaways.

6 Apr 2017
I think your friend has already posted a review about your stay, but I appreciate that you also took the time to respond.

We did send a professional hot tub repairman to the cabin twice during your stay. Both times he found the temperature reading of the water in the hot tub over 100 degrees. He sent us pictures from the cabin showing the reading on his device that records the water temperature. On his first visit, we instructed him to increase the temperature to 104 degrees which he did. This is the maximum recommended setting. However, when you called again, we did explain what the repairman said. When you insisted that it still wasn't hot enough, we sent him out again (at a cost of $85 per visit to the owner of Log Wild). This time he not only sent pictures of the 104 degree temperature reading, but he also sent pictures of wet bathing suits and towels hanging beside the hot tub.

As I mentioned in the other review, all the properties that American Patriot Getaways manages are inspected and deep cleaned twice a year. I will personally inspect this property and see if the furnishing are in as poor shape as you indicate and, if they are, I will work with the owner to see they are updated.

I'm sorry that you feel you received poor customer service. Had we found a problem with the hot tub, then we would have gladly worked with you on compensation.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review and giving me the opportunity to respond.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Dot M
LaPlace, Louisiana
“Nice Cabin”
Reviewed 27 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We stayed in this cabin for three days due to plumbing problems with the original cabin we rented. It has 4 bedrooms with comfortable beds. Comfortable furniture in main room and theater room. Lamp on projector was giving us a "replace" message but did not go out while we were there. Very clean cabin with plenty of room for the 6 people we had in our party. Several sharp turns to get to this cabin. Wifi not good but good TV.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfortable beds
Liked least: Roads up to cabin-sharp turns
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
TN
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
18 Mar 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Best Regards,

American Patriot Getaways
Ky
Reviewed 11 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing