“BLESSED TO STAY AT RACOON REST”

Review of RACCOON'S REST

Exterior Front View at Raccoon's Rest
Main Level Deck with Seating at Raccoon's Rest Living Room with Fireplace at Raccoon's Rest
Check Availability
Game Room with Pool Table at Raccoon's Rest
Screened Porch with Hot Tub at Raccoon's Rest
Screened Porch with Patio Table and Rockers at Raccoon's Rest
Rear Deck at Raccoon's Rest
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

springrov...
PGH
“Good For the Money”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Raccoon's Rest was spacious and well-equipped. The furniture was somewhat dated but comfortable but all carpeting was pretty gross.. The bathrooms badly need updated, especially the one on the lower floor. No sheets were available for the pull out sofa and there was not an adequate number of towels, however we could have washed the ones we had because there was a washer and dryer in the cabin. We were not sure if we were sure if we were supposed to drink the water as a member of our group read online that we should not but nothing in my booking information mentioned this at all. For the money, the cabin itself was worth it but I must say that unless you have an SUV, do not book the place. The road down to it was full of ruts and gullies which made it a very rocky ride to get down that hill, bordering on dangerous if it had been raining. Highlight: a baby bear walked right up to the front window!

GLH8
Brandon, Mississippi
“Reeked of urine and mildew.”
Reviewed 22 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

From the time we opened the door on Saturday until we closed it for the last time the following Friday, we knew we could have done much better! The sheets were clean and the showers were hot...these were the only reasons we stayed. Most of our vacation was spent away from the cabin, so we decided to tough it out rather than go through the hassle of trying to get a refund and finding another rental. We did have to purchase a can of ant and roach spray during our stay for "uninvited guests" and a can of air freshener just to make ourselves feel better about the smell. (A professional cleaning crew would be a wise investment.) The road leading to the cabin is not for the faint of heart! Very rutted and washed out.

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
28 Apr 2017
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at Raccoon's Rest. All our properties are professionally cleaned after each guest's stay and are 'deep cleaned' twice a year. This cabin is scheduled for a 'deep clean' in May but you shouldn't have had the issues with the ordors and I'm sorry. I will have our housekeeping manager inspect the property personally. After a very dry autumn, we are experiencing a very wet spring which drives pests indoors. I have shared your comments with the commercial pest control service we use. The cabins are treated monthly for pests, but as I said, the wet spring has caused some unforeseen problems.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for telling us how we can improve the properties we manage.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

kathypara...
Cordele, Georgia
“BLESSED TO STAY AT RACOON REST”
Reviewed 28 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I Would like to thank American Patriots and the owners of this beautiful cabin. I have reserved cabins online only to find the cabins were up in the mountains on curvy mountain roads. I have anxiety attacks and wasn't able to stay in the cabin we had reserved. The staff was very helpful in exchanging our cabin, finding us this wonderful cabin. This happened again this year, so we requested Racoon Rest again, the staff made the changes without any trouble.This cabin is very clean, cozy, beautiful, and easily accessible, secluded yet close to town. We really enjoyed the views from the front and back porches, it was very relaxing and peaceful. This cabin is very roomy, weather its just a couple or family staying. it has a bedroom, bath, and pool room downstairs. The cabin was well stocked for our week stay, with evevy thing we could have needed. Hot tub on bottom level in closed in private porch was wonderful. also having a closed in private porch on top level was great. This cabin is really beautiful on the inside, the furnishings were really confortable. We have spent Christmas here a few times, only to enjoy ourselves and feel blessed again. I would reccommend this cabin as our top choice, it really was a wonderful stay! Again thanks to the staff and owners of Racoon Rest. You really blessed us with an awesome Christmas! Can't wait to get back next year. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Gatlinburge and Pigeon Forge. Tim & Kathy

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
T S
Urbana, Ohio
“Very Strong Mildew Odor”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We have this reserved for July 27 - 30. The last .3 tenths of a mile had a gravel rd that had been washed out terribly. We were in a CRV and scraped bottom in a couple places. Once at the cabin we opened the door and the mildew smell was awful. The lower level is a basement w/ narrow steep dark stairs ( no light) and the lower bathroom is very old and worn. Needs new caulking and the light cover was just hanging there. Shower curtain was mildewed as well. Carpet was very dirty and worn. Housekeeping came back and was shocked at how strong the smell was. Patriot Getaways should not manage this property anymore until these issues are resolved. Sadly we won't be staying in their cabins again because of this and the fact that they charged us an upgrade to move to the only cabin they had open. The move should have been at NO CHARGE.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Nice kitchen
Liked least: Dirty Mildew smell throughout the cabin. Second bedroom is in the BASEMENT
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
9 Aug 2016
I want to apologize for the ordor that was in Raccoon's Rest. I checked the surveys from recent guests and no one reported the problem. I will certainly have our housekeeping manager inspect the property. All our properties are privately owned and I will share your comments to the owner and make sure the complaints you mentioned are addressed. I apologize for these issues and assure you we will take steps to see that they are fixed for future guests.
Andora B
“worst cabin rental ever!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Well let's start with spiders!! They were everywhere!! Every corner had a spider web along with a spider!! One almost fell on my head in the shower!! Then there was the stinch of urine all throughout the place!! The "screened in porch" was attached by duct tape with the holes filled in with newspaper!! My kids were to scared to even sleep downstairs!! There was alsohuge millipedes crawling all over the place!! We saw a couple of salamanders on the back porch, which freaked my kids out!! I understand we are in the mountains but this was not my first cabin experience, I've never stayed in a cabin that a company neglected the upkeep on like this before!! Were wanted to grill out but couldn't due to the extremely large spider that was living on it!! Then the game room TV would not work, you couldn't even play pool because the room was so small your stick hit the walls. My kids didn't get to go in the hot tub due to all the millipedes in and around it. There was also ants everywhere. Most uncomfortable beds/pillows ever. None of us slept all 3 nights due to being uncomfortable and scared to death a spider was going to drop on our head in our sleep.. We kept the lights on at all times. We were so disappointed with this stay :( never again!! Also there is no hairdryer as stated so please bring your own... We really debated on getting this cabin or splurging on a slightly bigger/better one... Don't stay here it's worth the extra 50-100$ to get a nice cabin somewhere else. I would not recommend this cabin to anyone. We never had contact with the company throughout the entire stay.. There was no "I hope you enjoyed your stay" you call a number, get your key code and that's it, you don't see or speak to anyone. So if you're sending on this cabin or a different one, I would definitely not choose this one!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: going home
Liked least: bugs/smell
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing