“Very pleased with this restaurant”

Local Goat New American Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 200 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Description: Local Goat is a New American restaurant with a scratch-made kitchen specializing in farm-to-table menu items. Local Goat offers a wide array of appetizers, jumbo wings, awesome salads. hearty steaks, chops, fall-off-the-bone ribs and outstanding desserts. Local Goat specializes in craft beer and craft drinks. Test your skills on our vintage shuffleboard table or catch your favorite game on any of our HD TV's. Billy's Bar is a great place for great times. Bring the whole family. Local Goat is conveniently located in the heart of Pigeon Forge at the base of the Great Smoky Mountains with picturesque views of Mount LeConte and the surrounding mountains. Local Goat Tavern is located between traffic lights one and two, right past the Titanic Museum Attraction and across from Mountain Valley Vineyards.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here for lunch. Tim R was our waiter. The service was great, food was excellent, and the price was excellent. Everyone was very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant .

2  Thank tazlady123
Write a ReviewReviews (2 558)

148 - 152 of 2 561 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were just in Pigeon Forge last week on a vacay and went to The Local Goat for the first time for dinner. The menu was varied and our table ordered the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer which were wonderful!!! Also ordered the artichoke spinach dip and it was average. I had the Thai Noodle chicken salad which was very tasty and so large I had plenty to take back to the cabin for lunch the next day. My husband got the beer battered fish and chips and he said the fish was great! What made our visit even more enjoyable was our waitress, Angela. Angela was very attentive to our wants and needs and was warm and friendly and engaging. We enjoyed her so much that when we went back a few days later for a late lunch we asked for her but her shift hadn't started yet. The only complaint we had was with the coleslaw. It's supposed to be a bleu cheese dressing. My husband loves bleu cheese but there was barely any dressing and there was no bleu cheese to be found in it. When my husband mentioned this to Angela she went and got him some bleu cheese dressing and he put some on it. He said it improved it by 50% at least. This coleslaw recipe needs some work. When we returned a few days later he got the fish again which automatically comes with the slaw. He said it was just as bad as before and didn't eat it. This is the only reason I gave this a 4 rating and not a 5.

2  Thank lamb1315
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After seeing the reviews decided to check out this newer place. Burgers were a hit as were the fries. Had different types and all good. Huge! So much homemade, including ketchup. Wish we had room for dessert as that was homemade too. We’ll be back.

2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All three of us were exceptionally happy with our meals. I asked our server what his favorite meal was. He suggested the baby back ribs or the kebabs. I went with the kebabs and they were sooooo good! I’d highly recommend them. My husband had the salmon and my daughter just had a cheeseburger and both were also great!! I think we’ll have to go back our next trip to Pigeon Forge.

3  Thank Erin D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This cool little gem is a wonderful farm to table restaurant. Almost everything is made in house. With the freshest vegetables we have ever tasted. It also has many items to choose from. We highly recommend the fried deviled eggs. They also have several craft beers and craft cocktails to choose from. We liked it so well we visited twice in the same week.

3  Thank John K