Reviews (1 439)
1 439 results
All reviews the river feed the ducks indoor pool poolside room picnic tables room was clean hot tub fire pit pool side biscuits parking lot sausage links choice hotels a river view room christmas store christmas place fridge and microwave
9 - 14 of 1 439 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me tell you, I went in not expecting much it is an Econo Lodge, wow was my expectations vastly exceeded. This was a very nice hotel and I have found my go to place while in the area. I normally stay at another hotel in the area and it runs about the same price, wow the difference is outstanding. All the staff are super friendly, very helpful. It is a hard hotel to fiqure out and they explain it well. I only had a couple of complaints the whole 5 days there. One being all the goose feces, but there are so many it can't be helped, the workers I see out there hosing it off all the time, they do try to keep it clean. The second complaint the ice machine did not work on the floor I was on, I had to go to another floor to get ice. The housekeeping staff did an ok job while we there. They made the bad and replaced towels and tissue daily, but heavy cleaning they never did. They also did not change the sheets or vacuum.
The breakfast area is nice, but it is a big hotel so lots of people and not enough seating. The breakfast itself is really good for a hotel breakfast. It stays well stocked for the massive amount of people and really clean. The parking lot is large and well lit, you always feel safe. There is a fire pit to sit out beside at night, they only thing is they need to put chairs around it. There are some picnic tables but they are not close, to feel the fire you have to stand beside it. It would be so nice if they put in another one or 2 up and down the sidewalk.
There are a ton of geese and duck, always honking and running around out there, They have feeders for them, you can buy food for .25 to feed them and hey eat right out of your hand. There are 3 areas of the hotel, the pool rooms, the courtyard, and the riverfront. I would not want the poolside rooms, it is stuffy in there and always smells like chlorine. The pool and hottub are nice, wish they would add in an outdoor pool as well. It does get full because the hotel is so large. I will not hesitate to stay here again, matter of fact, this will be the only place I stay in Pigeon Forge now, sorry to my former establishment, you are good but not this good for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMEPF, Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! We appreciate the 5 star rating and gracious feedback! We are also very pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations. We absolutely do our best to make sure our guests are well taken care of and leave happy & satisfied. I do want to apologize for some of the minor issues you encountered during your stay, but really appreciate that you all seen we do whatever it takes to rectify any problem. We look forward to many, many future stays from you all! Thank you again for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! Have a great day!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We took the grand kids for a little vacation and stayed here because of the indoor pool. the kids loved it, the pool is awesome, plus there is a kiddie pool and a hot tub. The breakfast area is very nice and the food was good. The only issue is when the hotel is full, you will wait in line for breakfast and a place to sit. Rooms were large, beds were okay overall a Great Hotel.

Now the bad, GEESE, the hotel is on the river, very nice except for the geese and ducks crapping all over the walkway. You cannot make it to the river without stepping on goose crap, it's a mess. I feel if the hotel or whoever controls the walkway removes the feeders, they will go away, or at least it won't be as bad. We did not take our grand kids out there because of getting dirty and disease from the droppings, a real mess.

Room tip: Big hotel, I would recommend first floor on the inside of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gmberry2
GMEPF, Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

gmberry2,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay with us at EconoLodge Riverside! We are pleased to hear we met your expectations. I'm so glad to hear the kids enjoyed the pool. They seem to really love the changing colored lights in there too. I do apologize for the river walk and geese. Our grounds staff sprays out back at least 2-3 times a day. With as many gees and ducks that come back through, it can be difficult at times to keep the sidewalk immaculate. We will do whatever we can to improve in the area. We would love to have you all stay with us again in the near future! Thank you again for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

My wife and I booked this hotel for our anniversary trip, and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our room!

We had a gorgeous view of the river, clean and modern amenities in the room, courteous staff, and a fantastic indoor pool and hot tub! My only complaint were the walls were a little thin. We were able to here the guests next door conversations pretty clearly.

We will definitely be coming back to this location!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADrewToRemember

ADrewToRemember,

Thank you so much for spending your anniversary with us at EconoLodge Riverside! I'm very happy to hear we exceed your expectations! I'll be certain to inform our staff of your gracious compliments. We look forward to you next trip to Pigeon Forge and would love to have you all back! Thank you again for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

We both got a couple days off work and decided to head to our go to destination and hotel. We always stay here! Very clean! Beds slept wonderfully! Breakfast was crowded but the food never ran out. Waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuit and gravy, fruit, cinnamon crunch, Cheerios and rasin bran cereal, milk, apple juice, orange juice (was very weak and watery- not usually like that), milk and more. Plenty of options. Safe area and quiet. Will stay here again for sure as always

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kimberly S,

Thank you so much for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! We are pleased to hear we met your expectations and exceeded some. Thank you for the gracious compliments regarding our breakfast. We have been making some changes so it's good to see that is not going unnoticed. I'll be sure to get with out Breakfast ladies over the orange juice because you're right, it is not suppose to be like that. We look forward to your next trip to Pigeon Forge! Thank you again for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! Have a great day!

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We loved our stay here! The staff were SO friendly and helpful, our room was clean and quiet, and the hotel's location is pretty centrally located to anything you'd want to do in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GMEPF, Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Mackenzie_May,

Thank you so much for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! I am so pleased to hear you all loved it hear and we met your expectations! I'll be sure to pass along to all of our staff your gracious compliments. We hope to see you all the next time you are in Pigeon Forge! Thank you again for staying with us at EconoLodge Riverside! Have a wonderful day!