4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/05/20
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.comUS$84
FindHotelUS$86
travelup.comUS$112
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

Beware! They Cannot Accommodate seniors or handicapped people! Beds are extremely tall, no elevators. Slick concrete steep ramps for the hand. Bugs in bed. Nothing promised was received. Dirty floors made my feet black just walking to the bathroom. We will never stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank redmollieGA
Reviewed 29 March 2021

FYI, there's no maid service during your stay. They never clean the rooms, bring fresh towels, remove trash, wet towels and do not replenish the coffee. One or two nights but if you go longer avoid this place. Also no elevator to top floors so access for those is steps or steep ramps I nearly fell down. The Pancake bfast includes nothing but pancakes. No drinks or other varieties of food. We were very disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelafX8530TG
Reviewed 30 December 2020

I booked this place for the Christmas with my sons coming from NC as we are from KY to meet and visit some attractions and spend time together. I requested adjoining rooms so we could spend close family time. Was told at desk I had adjoins rooms. Got to rooms and they were not adjoining and hotel was booked. The walkway from our car to room was ice covered and my husband fell. Hurt his back & elbow. Front desk would not answer phone so my son walked down to request salt to be dispensed and explained what happened. He was told maintence would come salt and make an incident report. No one showed up and salt was never dispersed. Went to take a shower and there was no hot water in either room. I rented 2 rooms. We left to enjoy some sights and came back and card would not work to open door to our room. No one answered the phone at office. It’s cold outside so we walked to office and explained what happened. Was given another key. It would not work either. No one answered phone at office. Had to walk down again to office. Was told maintenance would come. Waited outside room for about 10 min. Someone showed up to take door lock apart and was told battieres had blown up. He replaced batteries and we got in. Next day to take showers and go out, no hot water again! Called down to office and was told that there was not enough tanks to disperse hot water to all the rooms in our building. This was the second day with no hot water! Showers were ice cold. We had no where else to go, every place was booked. The restaurant on premises was ok, I wouldn’t eat there again. The bar in the restaurant was closed the whole time. The place looks nice on the outside but don’t let that fool you! Upon checkout, I asked for some compensation for 2 days of no hot water for our showers or sinks in both rooms booked and was told that they would not compensate at all. Needless to say, I will not ever book this place in the future. Nothing was enjoyable about it!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank S6266FVterrib
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

We booked this place based off the recommendation of some friends. Once we got here, everything was fine. That same night, due to maintenance not salting the sidewalks, one member of my part slipped and fell on ice. We told the front desk, and they never salted as they said they would. After that, we tried to instead a key card into one of the rooms we booked (we booked two) the door wouldn’t unlock. Maintenance was called and we were told that a battery blew up inside the handle. After 20 minutes or so, it was fixed. Then, the showers are not consistent. We tried each day to take a shower but the hot water always comes in a out. After I called the front desk, I was told that they do not have enough tanks to service the entire building. Besides that, the decor and flooring is old. The only thing going for this place is the location. I do not recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hjohnson1076
Westgate Resorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Our team welcomes all feedback as an opportunity to improve our services, and we thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is very unfortunate to hear your experience, and we will be following up with our team in regards to these concerns. In addition, we strive to provide timely and helpful service, and we apologize that you found otherwise. We wish you well, and we would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the future so that we can show you the full value that you expect.

Kind regards,
Laura

Reviewed 2 December 2020 via mobile

I consider this hotel as average, nothing special about it. The place is decent but not great. It is situated ideally to major attractions in Pigeon forge and Gatlinburg. Receptionist is welcoming and warm. They are doing safety measures in this time of pandemic. Price is reasonable. The restaurant nearby serves good food.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
29  Thank worldtrotter26
Westgate Resorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Wild Bear Inn. We are pleased to know you had a great time and found our resort to be of great value. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,