“Great country cooking!”

Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Ooltewah
Price range: US$7 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Countryside cafe is a local, southern, country-cooking restaurant located in ooltewah, tn. We specialize in a wide variety of meats, vegetables and desserts made from fresh ingredients because we know our dishes are only as good as the beginning product.
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We heard about this place,so decided to try and so glad we did! Tasted just like my grandmother's, especially the Chocolate pie and Homemade warm Banana Pudding!
Friendly servers,made you feel so welcome!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (252)

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

My husband and I came in on a very busy Sunday afternoon. The servers were hustling to help everyone! I ordered the chicken dressing with squash casserole, creamed spinach and pan fried sweet potatoes. My husband ordered pot roast with potatoes and carrots, okra, and mashed potatoes with gravy. I’m not lying - this food was the best we have ever eaten! EVERYTHING tasted WONDERFUL! Even though we needed to go boxes, I had to order a coffee with their warm banana pudding. Holy cow! It was outstanding!! If you want to eat excellent southern food, this is the place to go to!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

Largest portions you will find anywhere for the money spent. Not only a great country fried chicken (they call it chicken filet) and squash casserole but also amazing desserts. Something for everyone.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank kaylam114
Reviewed 20 June 2020

Having not been here since the winter, I decided to make this my Fathers' Day meal. First, we were seated in the back room. In short order every table was filled. There were condiments on the table and were not replaced or cleaned between parties. Service was not as good as usual, nor was the food.

It will be a good, long while before we return.

Date of visit: June 2020
Thank h. hugh D
Reviewed 18 June 2020 via mobile

I found this on TripAdvisor and we decided to try it. I have fried chicken and milk gravy and my partner had country fried steak and gravy. Everything was homemade and excellent! I don't know how anyone could give this restaurant less than a 5. The parking lot was full but we were seated in 10 minutes. Our waitress was a sweet sample of Southern charm. The manager was speaking to people all the time we were there. If you want true Southern cooking and plenty to take home, this is one of the best we have ever found.

Date of visit: June 2020