“Good food at a restaurant next to Homewood Suites at Vanderbilt”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #820 of 2 151 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ate here on 03/30/2018 prior to attending a concert in downtown Nashville. Our group ordered two fajita dishes, a salmon dish, and ribs. All were pleased with their meals. Our friend who ordered ribs said they were "great".

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here on a Wednesday night since it was right next to our hotel. We didn't have to wait for a table but the service was a little slow. He was very friendly though. We ordered our meals and had a little longer wait than anticipated but the food came out hot and everything was very good. We tried a few different options that the Chili's near us does not have like the chicken and waffles.

It was a good meal close to our hotel.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I arrived in Nashville later in the evening, and was looking for a familiar place that would be near the hotel. I found a Chili's and called to make sure it wasn't too late to place an order for carry out and it wasn't. I placed my order and simply wanted my steak cooked medium and my salad to have no onions and no tomato. I was given a pick up time of 15 to 20 minutes. I arrived in about 10 to 15 minutes, understanding that I would have to wait a bit longer. Well wait I did about 30 more minutes. When i got back to my hotel and checked in, i was disappointed that my steak was rare and my salad had onions and tomato. I couldn't eat the steak and just picked the onions and the bits of tomato out of the salad. I wouldn't recommend this restauarnt for any road weary, starving travelers.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Our waitress was great first and foremost. She did every thing she could to make the dining experience great. The food on the other hand was extremely bland and had very little taste. It is one thing to be a dining establishment and another thing to be ok with the food just being served. I won’t say not to try it because this is just one experience. Just don’t be surprised.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This restaurant has really declined in the past couple of years. Our latest visit really put the nail in the coffin for us... we won't be going back, even though it is very convenient when we're going to a nearby Vanderbilt game.
We arrived around 5:30 - in plenty of time to make it to the 7pm Vandy basketball game. There were lots of tables empty, but we were told there was a 20 minute wait. Once we were finally seated, we waited another long while before a server ever acknowledged us. The food quality was also bad. The Quesadilla Explosion salad was wilty and swimming in dressing. Due to all the wait time, we didn't get out of the restaurant until after 7:00.