“Fantastic and Authentic!”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown Nashville
Description: Peg Leg Porker is a 100% family owned and operated BBQ restaurant in Nashville, TN. We specialize in "Real Tennessee BBQ" which is pork and chicken. Our specialty is Memphis Style Dry Ribs and ours have been named the Best in the US by Eater National.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Perhaps the best barbecue place I've ever been to. And the sides, especially smoked beans was outstanding! Original, genuine, authentic! Family staff is friendly. A must for any trips to Nashville.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 286)

84 - 88 of 1 286 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Husband and I both had a half rack of ribs. For sides I had smoked green beans and coleslaw, and my husband had baked beans and coleslaw. Ribs were fresh and sides were good. Don’t know if it’s because we live in Memphis (known for bbq), that we weren’t too impressed. Nevertheless we enjoyed our meal. Again, just weren’t impressed by it.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Fast food, Not a relaxing atmosphere. One of our pulled pork sandwiches was cold.

Not sure why this place is rated so high. Makes me wonder what the other bbq joints are like.

I won’t be coming back.

1  Thank KAFMinnesota
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch and had the sandwich special and a fried pie. The food was fresh and came out fast. The pork was tender and had a nice smoke test. The smoked green beans were even better! The fried pie was just a little too sweet with a heavy glaze, but still tasty. Got there before noon which was perfect because a huge crowd hit at noon. My friend got the baked beans as a side and said they were really good

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Standouts were the smoked green beans, pepper jelly and the pulled pork nachos. Everything was amazing.