“Bolton's Hot Chicken and Fish. That's HOT....H___O___T !!!! None hotter in Nashville”

Bolton's Spicy Chicken & Fish
Ranked #251 of 2 200 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bolton's, by FAR, has the hottest chicken and fish in Nashville. Maybe the whole world. I can normally eat other restaurants hot or extreme hot, but not at Bolton's. Medium is as high as I can go. I had the hot one time and I thought I was going to internally combust, and my tongue detach out of my mouth and run off because how I had mistreated it. If you like HOT, and I mean HOT, you got to come to Bolton's and get you some. They have non spicy as well. So no worries if you aren't in to it and your friend is. There is something for everyone. Chicken, Fish (4 or 5 different kinds), Ribs, Pork, Sammiches, and all of the sides are delicious too. The greens are out of this world. I had the Catfish today with Medium spice and it was awesome. Check them out when you are on the East side of Nashville. You can dine in or take out. The dining room is not fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but it serves the purpose of being able to sit down and eat a meal. I highly recommend Bolton's for those wanting to experience a Nashville Hot Chicken encounter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Definitely a dive with greasy floors and nasty bathrooms but the food is delish and I do recommend starting with mild and working your way up.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All I can say is wow! I know the famous part is the heat - but do not sleep on the quality of food they are producing! The fried chicken was AMAZING. The catfish fillet was huge, light golden breading - delicious. No, its not greasy. Its crunchy and juicy and of course Mmm spicy hot!

I eat quite a bit of hot food (hotter the better) - although I want good flavor not just the burn. I had the medium, it was plenty hot and delicious. Perfect level for me. If you are not much for spice - you still gotta get the lightly/barely seasoned. Spicy but you will be able to handle and enjoy the food.

Can't wait to get back to Nashville to get to Bolton's. They are the real deal - best in town.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Food was great- chicken was outstanding- owner mingled with eaters and made whole experience enjoyable. This exactly what I'm looking for when Im on the road- local- authentic offbeat and of course tasty! Mix of locals and travelers and lots of food discussion as we all enjoyed one young man trying to finish the "extra hot" (they warned him not to get it!), as his face showed pain and looked to explode. I had the medium- spicy enough to sweat the neck- but not so hot to overwhelm- very tasty- our sides included greens- potatoes- corn and mac n cheese- all exceptional!

1  Thank duckstoppedby
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Super friendly service, fantastic food. The hot chicken was the best I've ever had. The hot catfish was also amazing. Greens were good and the other sides were solid too. All of it was for a good price. Only downside is that you'll have to find street parking in the area.