“Great Thai Food in Nashville!”
Review of Smiling Elephant

Smiling Elephant
Ranked #40 of 2 297 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Thai
Description: opened in Nashville this year
Description: opened in Nashville this year
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had a very nice lunch here with the family. We eat Thai food all the time so we were happy to find an authentic thai restaurant in a country music town. From the appetizer dumplings to the curry main dishes, everything was delicious and well prepared. The only thing that was off was the sticky rice, it's a staple in Thai restaurants and we eat it all the time. Parts of it were brown and it was mushy and extra sticky, I did not taste it myself but my wife and son both said it just wasn't good. On the whole though it was a great meal and we all left happy.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We eat Thai food all over the world including Thailand and this restaurant is the real deal. It is a small and causal venue with excellent food. We had the Pad Thai, Pad Kra Pao and the Larb. We ordered all Thai spicy and it was seasoned just right. Service was very helpful and they checked in often to see if we were happy. We highly recommend,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I'd been told this is the best Thai in Nashville and I'd have to agree. It is AUTHENTIC (I've been to Thailand). The staff are super friendly. The menu isn't huge, but it has the Thai classics and they usually have a daily special as well, which the cashier was kind enough to let me try a sample of. They do not have a liquor license so if you want to drink with your meal, you need to 'take out'. The atmosphere in the restaurant is distinctly Thai. Not some cheesy amalgamation of Asian culture like some of these pan-Asian restaurants.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Some of the best Thai food I have ever had. Subtle tastes exploded in my mouth. This place is not for those expecting atmosphere, but only excellent food. There is no liquor or beer served, so I don't understand the comments about the drinks being bad. When in Nashville, although it takes a little time to find it, the Smiling Elephant's food is worth the search.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! Had a wonderful lunch. The food was so good. Had Tom Yum soup and masaman. The atmosphere is fun and the wait staff is professional and friendly. Will definitely be back. It's worth the 45 minute drive.