“Don't Bother”

Downtowner Bar & Bistro
Ranked #52 of 70 Restaurants in Warragul
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well went here last night for dinner and it was not so great. Me and my partner ordered the chicken parma and it was not great. For starters the chicken parma was a frozen one out of the freezer witch was deep fryed and oily, the coating was full of oil and you could not eat it you had to take it off so you could just eat the chicken witch was so thin that there was not much there. I personally would not bother going there as most of the food that comes out of the kitchen comes out of the freezer. The only thing that is fresh is the salad. Plus be wear they charge you a 10% sir charge on public holidays so be where, you don't know until you leave to pay

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 28 March 2021 via mobile

Sunday lunchtime, middle of lunch service. The staff seemed very uninterested in being there, and were almost cold in their approach. My partners lasagne was a frozen one, and half was left behind on his plate, along with half the salad. My parma was okay, but so many chips, and so little cold veg. We normally don't leave food on plates, but we did today. We wont be back, sorry.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

We stopped at the Downtowner in Warragul on our way back from Morwell. Had lunch here. I ordered the Lambs fry and bacon and my partner ordered the curry dish. We thought that both meals were enjoyable and very affordable. When leaving we noticed the staff cleaning tables etc doing a very good job even cleaning seats, pepper and salt shakers the lot. Very good place to eat we will be back here again.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank ricks12016
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Lunched here with family on Saturday. Good menu with added lunch specials. Had the salt and pepper calamari which was delicious. Son enjoyed his kiev.
Friendly service, comfortable setting.
Will return.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 23 December 2019

Reminds me of the old Coles Cafeteria, basic decor and budget food. I had Lambs Fry which was cooked to much and was like leather. The other people at the table felt their selection were ok. The drink selection is the same just the usual suspects overall a average experience

Date of visit: December 2019