Review Highlights

What a surprise

Reviewed 27 November 2018
Kartigi
Mansfield, Victoria, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

We recently traveled through Nhill on a Friday. I disappeared to the craft shop while my husband bought the paper. I was in awe of the items so lovingly made by hand and happily spent my money. What really blew me away was the cooking. Every Friday they have cakes, slices, sausage rolls etc and sponge cakes to die for. We are still enjoying the raspberry jam. Wished I’d bought more. I had to drag my husband in for a look. Thank you to the lovely volunteers manning the shop.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 February 2019

Don’t miss the opportunity to pick up some great tasting homemade treats such as sausage rolls and pasties(unfortunately cold only), great cakes and slices at this community run shop. Some good craft if that’s your thing. Home grown vegetables too.
Volunteer staff are friendly and prices very reasonable.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank part0
Reviewed 27 November 2018

What an amazing achievement by local people- this shop has apparently been going for 40 years. Tables were full of freshly baked yummy biscuits, slices, and cakes. There were also preserves. And the craft items! Many soft toys that would delight youngsters, baby wear, quilts and more. Prices most reasonable. Well done!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Too many tasty sweet slices, biscuits and cakes to mention. You will find delicious home made sweets and a small selection of savoury items, like sausage rolls, toasties, pasties and other. My favourite are the yoyo's and ginger sponge roll. Visit and I'm sure you'll add your own favourite. Stop whilst travelling through to Adelaide for a quick take away sweet snack to go with the thermos you packed in the picnic basket, and before you head to the local park on Adelaide side of town, or the local Nhill Lake, have a gander at the huge selection of home-made craft items. Many hand knitted articles and a quaint tea cosy collection. Had one made for a friend and collected on next trip.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Lowana is an institution in Nhill, and rightly so as it beautifully displays local craft work of amazing variety along with plants, cakes etc to die for. Competitively priced knitted dolls and football mascots are a highlight. A must see when coming to or driving through Nhill - never disappointing.

Date of experience: August 2018