All reviews wood fire melbourne cottage weekend wineries privacy serenity surroundings
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I contacted this venue via the phone number advertised, I wasn't sure I had rang the correct number, as no identification of the venue, when rang indicated the name of the venue, you just hear a voice saying Serene, and cannot seem to actually talk to anyone. I ended up booking the accommodation via the internet for the weekend of the Elton John concert two months prior to the performance. You could you image my absolute amazement when I received a text message to say it was cancelled due a wedding that was booked in over a year ago. No apologetic phone call, nothing but a text. I tried to contact them via phone, once again straight to voice mail saying Serene. This went on and on and on, even though I specifically asked Serene to call me and not text me. Then a text saying that I have been booked in elsewhere and a contact number to ring them. I did not give anyone permission to do this and all of this is done via text message despite continually asking to be phoned. I contacted the place Outlook Hill Vineyard Cottages had arranged without my permission, this place told me they were fully booked due to the Elton John concert. They did go onto say that some accommodation places, practices was to cancel guests at the last minute as they were able to rent out their place at a high place than first advertised to another guests needing accommodation. I began to wonder if there was in fact a wedding at all. Eventually I did find a place " Oscars on the Yarra" it was delightful and you actually get a person answering the phone identifying the place. Eventually I got another text from this so called Serene at Outlook Vineyard Cottages, saying the owners are overseas and they would contact me to discuss the debacle of their booking service. Have a guess what, I haven't heard a thing, So if you want a guaranteed booking and want to speak to person LOOK ELSEWHERE to avoid being left high and dry at the last minute. The people skills and organisation are appalling.

Room Tip: Make sure your booking is confirmed prior to leaving your home because you may not have a room when you get there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank markat101
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Loved this cottage for a one night stay for couples. Very cozy, cute, warm and welcoming. Amenities were great. The view, area and surroundings were amazing. Definitely would return and recommend to anyone visiting Healesville this place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillianL936
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We found these Cottages to be just perfect, only an hour out of Melbourne, 5 mins to Healesville, great price, everything from the wood heater & heat pump is there. The views are just extraordinary, gas stove, all normal kitchen utensils were there, all cereals, jams, milk, a full loaf of bread & a bottle of orange Juice were all part of the overall price. DVD's to watch if you were not out touring the beautiful region, shower over the two people Spar.The view from your bedroom or loungeroom & deck was nothing but rolling hills as far as the eye can see. There is a little Bridge & gardens that are just perfect for those holiday pictures. We were lucky enough to have seen two Hot Air Balloons fly past. The Cottages are inside a small Vineyard & are behind large security gates which the owners will give you a code for on the day via text message. We also found that to be reassuring. :)
Check in after 3 pm check out at 11 am. But we had a text at 12.30pm to let us know they were ready for us, which was very nice of them. We will be back in future :)

Room Tip: There are three Cottages around 20 meters apart & all are identical.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days. Cottages were quite nice but as website says unsuitable for anyone with disabilities due to shower being in spa bath with large step involved. Hint: due to slipperiness put towel on step to avoid slipping off.gardens around cottages were absolutely superb and views over the valley were magnificent. Hot air balloons were visible most early mornings. Unfortunately the winery is not open to public and there were no tastings.staff were very helpful

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Peaceful except for nature out on the land!! Cabins are lovely, toast,coffee, cerial, yogurt supplies, out side nice to walk around!! Definitely won't be disappointed!! Keys Ieft in door apon arrival.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple