“Fantastic Fun!”

Explore Sydney Harbour
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Rose Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Sydney Harbour offers guided 2 hour self-drive boat tours to the major highlights in Sydney Harbour. Experience the most beautiful harbour in the world in a unique way. Not boating experience or boat license required.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My brother and I booked on the basic tour, prior to completing my booking I had some queries and Dirk was very helpful and prompt in responding to my emails.

The booking process was easy and effortless. I received an email confirming the booking and then the day before the tour I was sent a further email with arrival instructions etc.

The briefing prior to boarding the boat was helpful and Dirk fully explained the procedures and features of the boat.

My favourite part of the tour was being in the open waters and having the ability to have some fun chasing waves and carrying out manoeuvres. We were given the flexibility of having fun whilst at the same time remaining in a safe environment. As you are each in your own boat I think it is another positive that everyone can take the tour at their own speed and add different levels of excitement to it based on how comfortable they feel, and how adventurous they wish to be!

The boats were easy to drive and get the hang of. My whole experience of the tour was very pleasant and I would certainly recommend it to others.

Going on this tour also provides you with different views of the harbour, bays that others would simply not be able to get. Dirk is informative on each area you are visiting and allows you enough time to soak in the views and take some photos

All reviews
"feel confident"
"boating experience"
"unique experience"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have traveled to Sydney many times & wanted to try something new. I'm so glad we found this tour as it enabled us to see The Harbour in a whole new way & also see parts we haven't seen before. We are both 50yrs old & found this easy to manage. It is a quick ferry ride from Circular quay to Rose Bay & then the meeting point is just a 2min walk from there.
We had a great afternoon & would like to go again next time we are in Sydney.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a compromise between my son and I as he would have preferred the sea plane, but actually he felt this was the better deal.
You don’t have to be boat confident to drive these. They are very simple, basically forward for go and back for stop but dirk our leader was excellent in making everyone, me in particular feel very safe at all times.
We had 2 full hours, visiting little stop offs on the way to the harbour and on the way back. It was on one of these little stops that my son and I changed driving positions. It took me a couple of minutes to get a feel for the power and water but then we were off.
Wow what an experience and we were so lucky with the weather, blue skies and sunshine, and we managed to take some outstanding photos of the harbour in all it’s magnificent glory.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a great way to spend an afternoon!

I'd recommend this to anyone wanting great views of the Sydney Harbor Bridge and Opera House, with an adventurous edge.

No prior boating experience is necessary to have a great time. Dirk was prompt and professional. His tour of Sydney Harbor took us on a large loop of sights. The boats themselves were quick, and a fun way to play captain.

The harbor is busy with competing boat traffic, but Dirk kept us in the right of way.