“Falconry experience for two 05/08/2018”

Falconry Experience Wales
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Machynlleth
More attraction details
Owner description: By Appointment Only
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t recommend this experience enough for anyone who has a passion / desire for birds. The variety of birds Lucy and Barry care for are amazing and beautiful. I booked this for my partners 23rd birthday after a lot of research into falconry experiences and glad that I chose to book with Lucy and Barry. This isn’t just a “job” for them both, it’s something they love and enjoy doing and every penny spent goes towards what they have at there Falconry experience which makes it that little more special. Lucy is so knowledgeable and was able to answer every question my partner had about the birds and there backgrounds and as for Barry he put me at ease while handling the birds by making jokes and just being reassuring. He is also very knowledgable.
The experience exceeded not only my expectations but my partners too, who is quite hard to please!! I thought the half a day experience would be long and dragged out, but honestly the experience fly’s “time fly’s when you’re having fun!” even though our experience time had come to an end we wasn’t rushed off, Barry and Lucy took the time to continue to speak with us after the experience. You can tell these both aren’t just in it for the money, they’re in it because they genuinely see the birds they have as part of there family and that’s something lovely to see. Every bird, big or small was friendly and beautiful in its own way. My favourite was the first little owl, moo moo. My partners was of course the big bald eagle! (Typical man)
From the feeding to the flying the over all experience was completely amazing.

Thank you both!! Xx

"their lives"
in 5 reviews
"many thanks"
in 7 reviews
"an experience you will never forget"
in 3 reviews
"whole afternoon"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

An amazing afternoon flying lots of birds of prey and learning about how they care for the birds and train them. Luce and Barry were very knowledgable and clearly cared a lot about their birds. I would highly recommend the experience.

1  Thank Lizzie S
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Finally managed to get to meet Barry, Luce and the birds on our 3rd attempt of the week after the weather scuppered our previous dates. The wait was most definitely worth it though, on our one-to-one session. Barry and Luce were so genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their family (the birds) it was almost infectious. What can I say about the birds...well if you are into Raptors it's an unmissable experience but even if your not, you really shouldn't miss the opportunity to get up close to these wonderful creatures. Whilst I enjoyed handling all the birds, the Owls took favourite spot on my glove. So a great afternoon was had by all ..but especially for me, as the wife was paying :-).

1  Thank WR9Guy
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We had the Just for You experience given to us as a present. It was a wonderful day and truly amazing to be able to handle and fly the different birds. Barry and Luce are so knowledgeable and very welcoming.We would highly recommend this experience

1  Thank birdwatcher994