“Amazing Afternoon”

Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Machynlleth
More attraction details
Owner description: By Appointment Only
Reviewed 11 July 2018

My wife had treated us to a one-to-one session whilst in Wales for my Birthday and we had a wonderful afternoon with Barry & Luce and the birds. The knowledge these two have and the love they show for their birds is nothing short of amazing and inspiring. We felt completely at home with Barry & Luce and tried to take on as much knowledge as possible and it was amazing to be able to handle so many different birds. Budge(Caring Owl) was especially entertaining whilst the Bald Eagle was impressive, and somewhat heavy! Still waiting for news if Kessie the Kestrel is a boy or a girl....
We cannot rate this place more highly and I am sure we will return soon.

All reviews
"feel at home"
in 6 reviews
"unforgettable experience"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
in 3 reviews
"three hours"
"many thanks"
in 7 reviews
"their lives"
in 5 reviews
"an experience you will never forget"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Memorable afternoon spent in the company of Barry and Luce and their incredible family of birds. The depth of knowledge here is staggering, two people who have gravitated together from their love of birds of prey and a common interest in conservation and protection.
My wife (birthday surprise) and I received the warmest of welcomes and the experience includes hands on with the birds and participation in flying and training. Don’t hesitate..book an experience you will never forget.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This has been the most amazing day! We so much enjoyed learning more about their beautiful birds and being able to handle them.

Luce and Barry are warm and welcoming, knowledgeable and passionate about their birds. They have an amazing variety of birds and they are just a delight to spend the afternoon with.

We will remember this day for the rest of our lives. Definitely TOP TEN!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

This afternoon visit to the most beautiful valley was a true experience. We all learned so much. The birds are truly loved and respected, not 'used'. They do what birds in the wild do. Did I ever expect to have a Bald Eagle on my arm? Never! Could I see right into the owls nose? Yes! Anyone who loves birds would love this. We will be back.