“Well equipped, modern and comfortable apartment...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Harbour View

Decking
Kitchen
Evening dip at White Lady beach
Kitchen
French windows and veranda from lounge
Single/twin bedroom
Cemaes Bay at low tide
Cemaes woodland
Cemaes woodland
Cemaes harbour
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
2elise
“Steer Clear!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Worst holiday experience of my life!!! I booked this holiday with my three children and my elderley mother. Arrived at the property only to find nothing but a mess, bedding hadn't even been changed the beds were covered in black hair, floors were filthy (dirt,dog hairs and food stains and sand), kitchen work tops dirty, skirting boards dirty, bathroom dirty, there was damp in one of the bedrooms and paint was flaking off some of the walls and a rusty radiator but the property had been described as beautifully refurbished??? I could have lived with the damp and flaky paint but the problem was the general dirtiness all round the property.

We had been '' greeted '' by a man called Andy (smelling like a brewery) who let us into the property and began to show us around but when I pointed out that the place was dirty and specified what I found not to be to my satisfaction (or probably not even to the satisfaction of the dog that had been staying in the property before us), he turned very abusive and rude and threatening including saying that I was just one of those '' picky '' people. The guy clearly needs a lesson in customer services and has no respect for women and children, he scared my kids and mother with his shouting. He said he had cleaned the property the best he could but the previous customers had not left the property till twelve o'clock even though they had to vacate by ten o'clock. Now while I do not debate this, that is not my problem as the next customer. The place looked like it had just been left as it was by the previous customers, no effort had been made to make it clean and welcoming and just to put the record straight i'm not a picky person!

After three hours of waiting around after being told that the property was going to be cleaned properley, nothing had been resolved and I had no choice but to go and get a chip shop tea and make the two hour journey home.
We have received a refund but at the very least I think a contribution to the wasted petrol cost would have been a nice gesture.

I've been holidaying in Anglesey for years now and in my opinion this particular property is not worth £80 a night even if the property had been clean. Unfortunately I had left booking the holiday till late as it was a bit of a spur of the moment decision to go away and I sincerely wish I had not bothered now!!

Oh and Andy I know you said hadn't got good eyesight so I presume that is why you didn't see my wedding ring, not that it matters if your married with children or not!!!

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
25 Jun 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you had such a miserable experience.

As you know, I was in Switzerland and therefore unable to greet you, although I did try to sort out your grievances, at great expense might I add, via my mobile. I have worked very hard and done my utmost to make my flat beautiful, and yes, it has been fully renovated! It is converted from an old school, and the walls are 3 foot thick, therefore there is a little damp, but it is inevitable in a property of this age

I pride myself on the cleanliness of my property, and I can assure you that of course the beds had been changed and the cleaning had been done. However, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to find a cleaner to come in again. There was no-one available at such short notice, so I offered you all a meal with drinks and one night’s accommodation at the local hotel while I found someone else. You did accept the meal and a full refund, but you declined the hotel. When it came to it, you didn’t even have the meal.

Could it be that you had had a very stressful journey driving with your mother and three children in the busy traffic, and your nerves were shot, then you obviously had a personality clash with Andy?

Hopefully, anybody else who might read this will read my other reviews too, and keep an open mind.
Julie D
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Well equipped, modern and comfortable apartment with magnificent views of the harbour”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Myself and my sister ,husbands and two children stayed in this apartment with little Eddie the dog.
We walked on the beach (which is literally over the road ) ,we walked through the woodland and the coastal path with Eddie who loved it
It rained whilst we were there in between some lovely sunshine ,on those occasions we found a fantastic little craft shop in the village that allows the children to go in and spend time making all sorts of things from pom-poms to bookbinding encouraged by the enthusiastic owner ,this and the 3D TV and the Wii kept our children fully occupied during those bits of rain
We also found in the village a lovely little cafe called Coffee Cups they have scones to die for
!!!
We loved Cemaes Bay ,this apartment is fab , loads of free parking straight behind and we didn't actually use the cars for our whole stay as everything we needed was there.
We were very sad to leave .We are definitely booking for next year and Eddies coming too ( though hopefully this time he won't eat quite so much sand !!!!)

Travelling group: Extended Family
30 Jun 2014
Thank you, come again!
Emmy44
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Wow! This turned out to be a perfect and idilic stay!
The flat is fantastic, and much bigger then the pictures make out.
The kitchen was very modern and extremely well equipped, with everything you could need from chopping boards, egg cups, tea towels, ice cube trays, all the little things that you dont necessarily realise you would need until you go 'Oh, if we just had a .........', and there it was!
Master bedroom was lovely and spacious, and the shower in the wet room was amazing!!!!
The other bedrooms were at the back of the flat, so if you were travelling with another couple or children, the layout would still give you the feeling of privacy, and not make you feel like you were all jammed in, living on top of each other. The family bathroom between these other two bedrooms was again large and just what you would need.
Ample parking outside, and the front door which leads onto the kitchen has benches outside, so you can happily sit there to take off your sand covered shoes etc.
The best things about property is the location and the views. Its fantastic!
The property is less then a minutes walk from the beach, its amazing! Literally just across the road, and this gives you wonderful views of the bay from your bedroom, living room and decking. Just lovely!!! We spent hours sat on the decking that leads from the livingroom, having a drink and chatting looking out! Perfect way to relax!
There are also three pubs selling food, a chippy and a well stocked McColls with a post office and cash machine inside, together with a collection of other small shops, all within a minute or so walking, so everything was on your doorstep without the need to drive anywhere.
The property also has a 'shared' garden. This is a large gravelled area to the back of the property which looks onto the bay, leading from the decking. This was brilliant for us as we had taken a dog with us. The dog had a enclosed and safe place to have a run around whilst we were in. It may very well be a 'shared' garden, but this property is the only property that has direct access to it. If other residents were to use it they have to use a side gate. Its no guarantee that you will have it to yourself obviously, but no-one else used it while we were there, and it felt just like our own.
Janet the owner was contactable throughout our stay so if we had had any problems that was reassuring, and Andy who showed us around, was again contactable throughout. This just gave you extra confidence and reassurance.
With loads of lovely walks from the bay, a wonderful property in an excellent location, the rest of the island so accessible, and a lovely, approachable owner, I cant see why we would ever waste our time looking for anywhere else to stay in Anglesey!
We would definitely stay here again, and I have already recommended it to friends!!!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
28 May 2014
Thank you. I look forward to welcoming you again!
simmy0ne
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Stunning views,tranquil beach and pleasant walks”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

A well equipped apartment, with a good power shower(quite rare to find a good one).The master bedroom has a fantastic view especially to watch the sun set. Enjoyable walks around. The beaches are quiet with plenty of rock pools for the children to enjoy.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The good views
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jun 2014
Thank you. Hope to see you again!
madmayo
Birmingham
“Perfect Apartment. Perfect host. Perfect Location”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A modern very clean apartment ( a fabulous well equipped kitchen) with all requirements met. Had a lovely 4 night stay in a village we have fell in love with. Janet the host is wonderful and is very passionate about her apartment . Wll definitely be staying again in the near future. I highly recommend a visit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the lounge and garden
Liked least: Nothing not to like!!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Oct 2013
Thanks for the great review! Look forward to seeing you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing