“Awful - Rude staff”

Pier House Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A warm friendly atmosphere awaits you, we are fully child and dog friendly. We offer a varied menu boasting Welsh-British cuisine. Specialising in seafood, we provide locally sourced, home cooked food wherever possible. Indoor and outdoor seating available, with a spectacular view of the Menai Straits
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went there for dinner with my partner after a nice walk at Beaumaris pier. My partner ordered a pasta dish and I ordered fish and chips (with peas). Drinkwise we ordered a glass of coke and some tap water. The food came out after a decent time but then everything started. My partner's pasta dish had a hair in it. We kindly asked the waitress if they could recook it for us. She apologised and took the plate in the kitchen. I then went and asked if I could have my fish and chips recooked so we could eat together (the plate that my food was served had a crack on it). She said okay so she came and took my plate off the table. Then, a waiter came out with 'fresh food'. I did see the same crack on my plate so I asked him if my food was recooked as well and he said yes. What a lie... same crack and the salt and pepper that I put on my chips and peas on the first plate still there. The chips were cold as well. The worst part was that both plates had a hair in them this time. I then showed him the hair, before he even left the table. He went in the kitchen and after a minute, came back with the same plates, but this time without the hair and was trying to convince me that they were recooked once again. I then asked to see the manager and he informed me that the manager was not around. I told him that I will hapily pay for the coke but I was not willing to pay for the food as we didn't touch it. When I went inside to pay for the coke, the waiter asked me if I wanted to speak to the chef and I said yes. When the kitchen door opened I heard someone saying 'Just don't touch him'. The chef came out, without a hairnet or a hat and he was quite aggressive. I asked him why he lied about the recook on my dish and he told me that there was nothing wrong with it so he didn't have to recook it as it was expensive, so he only recooked the fish. I said that I wanted their names so I can raise a complaint. Then, a manager came out of nowhere. He was polite and apologised for the inconvenience. Too late, as our evening was already ruined. He realised what hapened and gave us the coke on the house. Nothing else he could have done really. Definitely not returning back or recommending it to anyone.

3  Thank Atsas123
Write a ReviewReviews (1 388)

19 - 23 of 1 388 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful view from the terrace and service was ok. We had lasagne which could have been a lot warmer but was pleasant enough. Worth it for the surroundings and they welcome dogs.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just in for coffee and cake but oh what a flapjack ! Delicious. Bonus was it allowed dogs. From what I could see the main food looked lovely, bit cramped as so busy but pleasant coffee break.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely lunch here, four adults, quick service, gorgeous views, pleasant staff, lovely coffee what more could you want.

PS posh fish finger sandwich is a must

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just got back from a mini break on Anglesey and this cafe is brilliant. We had brunch on a couple of mornings (full fry up for myself & my fiancee had the baked potato with cheese and beans). Food was very good and good portions. The second time we visited it had just been inundated with a coach party but we were still served very quickly. The location is right on the sea front and the decor is great and was all very clean. A special mention must go to the petite dark haired waitress (sorry we didn't get her name). She was brilliant! Very efficient, very friendly. A little gem. We're back on the island in September and we'll certainly be back here for our lovely brunch.